Microsoft Interview Questions in Shanghai, China | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Shanghai, China

Updated May 9, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer will first let you introduce yourself briefly, and then he will ask you a few questions about your resume, like the project details you did. And then start the algorithm questions. Normally one interview will have only one to two questions, and will last for about 1 hour. And it takes me three interviews to get this internship.

Interview Questions

• write a function to turn int to string and another function to turn string to int. I.e. intToString(int n) and stringToInt(string s)   2 Answers

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had the interview online since I was in another country. I had an initial skype interview online with a senior program manager. That interview was conducted in English and was rather standard as she went through my resume and ask some questions. The second and third interviews were really intense as the interviewers asking many tough design questions. Not sure how well I did, but the interview was quite stressful. I am still awaiting the decision, I will leave the status as no offer for now

Interview Questions

• What kind of metric would you use to measure user engagements?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

I attended the internship interview of MS, China, There are three rounds of interviews, if you prepared well for algorithms, I think it's not hard to pass the interview.
    I applied online, and after I pass the online test, I get the opportunity to interview onsite.

Interview Questions

• interview 1:
      introduce my project and an algorithm problem about probability problem with big data.

interview 2:
      dynamic programming, bit-wise algorithms

interview 3:
      string problems, big file sorting, heap sorting and so on
      Answer Question

Negotiation

You can and should negotiate politely.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

one round phone interview, behavior quesitons and one brain teaser
    four rounds on-site interview, typical algorithm problems and system design question. No OS, network or other architecture problems. Final round we discussed my interest and future assignments.
    Two days to decide whether to take the offer.

Interview Questions

• three bags with apples, bananas, mixed of apples and bananas, each of them has wrong label. Figure out an optimal way to find the proper label of these three bags
      min distance between two nodes in a tree
      lru design

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

FIrst I had a phone screen with a software achitect. I was considered for a job as Dev Lead but the process was re-directed toward PM for a number of factors. One was concern that my programming skills in the requisite technologies weren't up to standards. Another is the amount of industry experience and customer contact I've had during years as a consultant. After the phone screen, I was requested to travel and meet four interviewers in succession with a lunch break. The in-plant interview began at 10am.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a controller to do... (I think that interviewers have discretion on what they ask you to design.)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suzhou, Jiangsu (China)

Interview

First stage: An online programming test, like a normal programming competition as codeforce or topcoder, problems are not so difficult.
    Second stage: 2 rounds, 1 hour for each phone screen interview, asking some basic computer science/coding questions.
    Final stage: On site interview, asking some algorithm, practical coding problem, have to write code on paper.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

1 round online written-test, 4 programming problems in 3 hours, some of them are very hard.
    2(+1) round online interview. Most of the time are spent on algorithm questions. Often they start with a easy problem then ask you to improve your solution.
    If everything goes well, interviewees will be asked to take the 3rd round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

I had the interview in Shanghai Office since I did an intern job there. So I took the intern conversion interviews. Totally 3 rounds since I got strong recommend from my mentor. As far as I know, usually candidates are expected to take 4 rounds. The interviewers are nice. Each round,there is one algorithm or data structure problem, and it may last for about 20 minutes depending on the difficulty of the problem. Candidates are expected to code on the glass wall. The rest of time(totally 45 minutes for each round) they will discuss some technology points about your projects.

Interview Questions

• All are some algorithm problems. Like Integers to Roman. Word Ladders I. Nearest Common Ancestor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2014.

Interview

two telephone interview, two onsite interview. In the two telephone interview, the interviewers are all PM(I think), they asked me many things about my resume. In the onsite interview, the interviewers asked me two simple algorithms, very easy, they also asked me some system design questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: how to reverse a string?
      Q: Give an integer unsorted array, how to let every digital is bigger or smaller than its left and right digital. O(n) time cost.
      Q: Design a distributed system to handle real-time data.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round:
      1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts;
      2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case;
      3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.