Microsoft Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

5 rounds of interview in a single day related to algo, DS and design questions. First round was held at university campus and rest were held 1:1 at their california office. It was really great experience as I got chance to talk to really smart people.

Interview Questions

• related to strings, tree and graph. Can't disclose exact questions due to company policy.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

standard process, be ready to answer many hypothetical questions. Be ready to answer questions around microsoft products, not services :( Hiring process is fast that way, salary negotiations only took a week for me.

Interview Questions

• some questions are technical and you dont expect them in the product management.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Got email from Microsoft recruiter, followed by phone calls. They setup a phone screen. then took them about 2 months to setup onsite interview. Scheduling was a bit disorganized on the recruiter part.
    Some of the interviewers are very friendly and cool, some of them seem to not like to be doing these interviews.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Bing team

This was for a hiring event.

Questions asked:
    * web crawler
    * REST calls
    * pattern matching
    * sorted array questions, etc.

Never attend a hiring event.
    At least this event was targeted for very few openings but they interviewed about 40 people.
    This was a very unfair business by microsoft.
    People dont get a day off just like that. Learn to understand that.

Interview Questions

• Almost all the questions were very easy.
      Although I answered them in very efficient way, I wasnt given a job offer which I feel is very unfair.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me initially with opportunities at Microsoft. I wanted to switch from my current job, so pursued ahead. The recruiter first asked me couple of simple questions on sorting a large list of numbers if limited to a certain range, probability of events and some typical HR questions. I had a skype interview with a test manager, who asked my some questions on Java, Databases and OO concepts. He followed it up with a question to write a method that determines a given tree is a BST.

I was then called to an onsite interview. The questions were typical CS fundamentals with a "how will you test this" question at the end, where they go into a lot more detail.
    Microsoft was very professional in calling me onsite and making all the arrangements. Some of the questions were:
    Max subsum array
    Questions on java design patterns and multithreading
    Elevator design and test
    Max depth of a BST (iterative)
    Given a histogram find the rectange with the maximum area

Interview Questions

• Given a histogram find the rectange with the maximum area.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

pretty sraightforward. you give a talk to the team. this is similar to your phd dissertation talk though shorter but you should expect a lot harder questions. you go through machine learning / data science interviews and one coding interview. in ML interviews they test intuition, theory/basics and real-life ML experience (if you claim to have some)

Interview Questions

• what ML method would you use for a binary classification problem if:
      1. data is very noisy -- measurement noise (noise in the feature space
      2. data is small and high dimensional (logn samples and n dimensions)
      3. data is very noisy -- outliers (noise on the target values)
      4. class priors are skewed (say class0: 99.999% class1:0.001%)
      5. 1 and 3 together