Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.2

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

I had several phone interviews and conversations with MS employees. Everyone was amazingly friendly and helpful. I completed the in-person interview and everyone was supportive and open. It was a long day and process in general but still went very smoothly and I was kept in good communication so I always knew what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Just a lot of almost impossible to get it right questions. Just mostly focused on how you handle pressure and difficult situations/personalities.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

No Pros at all because interviewer was not prepared

Interview Questions

• Asking about company structure and future growth which is totally Unexpected Question because how person who is not in the organization will know the strategic plan for company growth. Interviewer didnt ask any question related to job or requirement.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Recruiter screen, tech screen, team lead telephonic, then a series of face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How many piano tuners are there in the world   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter and yes.no acceptance. No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter at a career fair at my college, was contacted via email about a month later. Had a two phone interviews and then an full-day on-site interview in Seattle. Was very smooth, friendly and if you had the technical knowledge and were a strong interviewer, this should not be as impossible as you think. Every interviewer was very friendly and it was like we were just having a lunch conversation.

Interview Questions

• Last interviewer said I had been doing very, very well and asked me why Microsoft shouldn't hire me.   3 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, except for location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I responded to the position through Microsoft's career board and within 2 weeks, received an email from a MS recruiter. Within a day, they were scheduling an interview. The original recruiter became sick so a 'stand in' recruiter was the one the actually called and did my initial phone interview. The next day, they wanted me to speak with a 'technical' rep, someone who turns out, wasn't even the hiring manager, but someone on the same team that I'd be working with. Not sure if that is common practice, but it did not make much sense other than to see if there would be some sort of personality conflict. The interview went well, in my opinion, and was told to expect a follow up email about face to face interview schedules. Never heard anything back and did not pursue any feedback. Looking back, it felt very rushed, as though HR was just trying to fulfill a 'three candidate interview' requirement.

Interview Questions

• If your customer wants something before the end of the day and you know that it is impossible to get it to them, then your manager wants something done by the end of the same day, how do you handle that? Keeping in mind that you know it will be impossible to get it done.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I am a computer science major and I actually applied for the new graduate software engineering position. Although it was exciting to get contacted for an interview, I was a little disappointed because it was for the technical account manager role. Apparently when you send in your resume for a technical position, your resume gets put into the pool for all other technical positions as well. I was setup with a phone interview, and that was as far as I got. They asked me a bunch of customer service questions. For example, explain a situation you have been in that demonstrates your customer service skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

To attain call from the hiring manager took 4-months. The interview was technical. He wanted to know my skill sets with AD and Windows Registry.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a recruiter. Second phone interview with another technical account manager. Third interview was onsite to role play meeting with a fake client. Panel consisted of five employees; two managers and three technical account managers. One hour timed PowerPoint presentation provided by Microsoft. The last half hour was an open discussion. Last interview was by phone with national director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate; great benefits package. Research average salary.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

Very well structured interview process, starting with an HR interview, followed by an initial phone screen and a final on-site interview with multiple employees. Great communication by HR on the logistics and status of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Waukesha, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a MS recruiter and was scheduled for a technical interview. The interview wasn't very technical and then I moved on to a panel interview with the hiring manager and his peer. An offer soon followed the whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a situation where a customer denied a phone conversation where they agreed to have on-site help. Since this wasn't in email we couldn't charge them for services.   Answer Question