Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Auckland (New Zealand)).

Interview

The interview process was long and took a very long time to get back to me. I went through to the last round and was not successful as they hired someone internal.

Interview Questions

• What values of Microsoft do you possess?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Zuerst gab es ein Videointerview, welches man online machen musste. Danach gab es ein Assessmentday an welchem man einerseits eine vorbereitete Präsentation präsentieren musste und andererseits in einer Gruppe ein Projekt ausarbeiten und zum Schluss präsentieren musste. Weiter wurden mehrere Einzelgespräche geführt.

Interview Questions

• Warum möchten Sie für Microsoft arbeiten.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

It's all very conversational. I was hired through a Microsoft Academy of College Hire program. It's a very young and fun group. There were four back-to-back interviews. Started with introduction of yourself, your previous work experience and school project. Then they will ask what's your impression about Microsoft and what is your thought about the position you are applying for. What is your interest/ focus. They really care about what type of your personality is

Interview Questions

• general introduction. I was asked what to do if I'm about to pass deadline.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked me about a project I performed, and informed me that they will ask me question during the interview about it. The interviewer was not informed about how the process would continue, or it was his tecnique to avoid telling me if I would pass to a 2nd interview, but he did not tell me what the next steps were, or when could I expect to have feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• What project can you mention?   1 Answer
    • How did you organize yourself and how did you prepare to accomplish it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview takes place over the course of half a day. The candidates are provided with a group eal the night before. For the interview, the candidates rotate through various interview sessions with senior level employees and recruiters. There is a group session as well to get the candidates familiarized with each other. The interviews include situational questions, as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you write 13 in hexadecimal   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

HR Phone Call

- Very challenging - there were a ton of technical questions about specific Microsoft products. Hard of you do not currently work for them
    - Questions about the cloud, my interests in technology, and what role I want to play in it over the next 30 years

Interview

- mostly behavioural questions

I am only a week post interview so I am unable to comment on how closing negotiations go

Interview Questions

• 1) how would your group members describe you 2) A time you had to convince someone of an idea 3) Tell us more about your resume   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely long and poor communication throughout. It was circa 4 months between telephone and first face to face interview. I was then not contacted again for another 3 months to attend the assessment centre, which I declined. Also, I was approached by Microsoft as they told me this role was local and they had seen my CV and thought I would be a great fit. By the time I had my face to face interview the local opportunity had vanished.

Interview Questions

• Generic and telephone stage. Face to face it was more about my experience and experience of process related areas and scorecard management etc...   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for TAM role and someone called me after 2 weeks to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer was one of the TAMs, telling me about the company and the role for 25 minutes without asking me any question (boring). After that he asked about my background, felt like he barely listened to me because the interview was while he was driving (not respectable). At the end he said that the interview was very positive and someone will get back to me.
    After 2 weeks I've got an email that I didn't get the job. I don't understand how come because the interviewer barely talked to me...

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

First step: HR contact/phone, 2nd: Phone interview with HR 3rd: Phone interview with team member (3 x people) 4th: face to face, final interview at campus, all day (6 hours) interview with all team members + hiring manager with lunch. total 8 x people)

Interview Questions

• Q: What if the customer is not happy for your decision which you need to say 'No' to decline?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe and tell me what's in the north bridge of motherboard?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your career goal and plan for the next 3 years and 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The HR contacted me after I applied on the careers website, Nice person noted some details from my end and asked for my compensation expectation and pretty much normal HR Interview

1 week after he contacted back stating the Hiring Manager will like to speak with me as he is very happy with my resume and my work ex. I spoke with the manager and a regular interview about what I do and all stuff and I asked few of my questions and he was very happy with me and over the phone he told me that he wants me to be onsite for next set of interviews. Dropped off the call with telling me that HR will contact for next steps

1 week later the HR contacts and informs me that scheduling team will contact me

the next week Friday Scheduling team asks me to confirm my availability and they fly me in next week for interviews

I met with 4 different people as per the schedule. Lunch was provided

Then after the 4th round I was about to leave as I was done for the day when the 1st interviewer came and told me that the Dept Director will also like to meet me.

That was the first sign which I thought that its a positive sign

Met the director and then post interview she walked me to the door and said the HR will reach out to me in 2 next weeks

Interview Questions

• 1st Round was basic HR questions

2nd Round - with Hiring Manager was a regular interview with all basic questions as to what I am doing at the my current role and how will I fit in their requirement

3rd Round was an Onsite Interview with 4 people:-

Round 1: Technical round where they try to judge technical skill set depending on the requirement of the role (For this role: It was nice to have technical skill set understanding of basis JAVA and SQL)

Round 2: Behavioral Scenario based questions and they try to pick your mind as to how will you perform in different scenarios (No answer is right or wrong its just they want to learn about you that how you think and plan and approach Tip: Use STAR Approach it helps)

Round 3: met with Manager and similar to round 2 with some behavioral questions and gave me a walk thru of their process as well and the org structure ( It is very important that you portray your customer facing skill set as that is the key requirement for this role)

(Tip: If they feel that you may not be a good fit for the role then they will ask you that you are done for the day and round 4 doesn't happen)

LUNCH

Round 4: Conference Call with 1 of the Partners and she also tried to pick my brain, i shared my experiences and she gave me few scenarios and situations and wanted to know my approach and what I would have done good or better in it.

Then as I was about to leave the 1st interviewee came in the room and asked me to wait for a little while as the Director wanted to meet me
      (Tip: If you get this call for any of the role you are interviewing 99% chances the job is yours and you will get an offer unless you screw)

Round 5: She gave me few details about the expectations and ethics and culture at Microsoft and asked me culture related questions like my style of working etc   1 Answer