Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

No Pros at all because interviewer was not prepared

Interview Questions

• Asking about company structure and future growth which is totally Unexpected Question because how person who is not in the organization will know the strategic plan for company growth. Interviewer didnt ask any question related to job or requirement.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

As part of the MACH hiring process, I interviewed for both consulting roles and technical account manager roles.

4 interviews, each were 45 minutes each so it was quite a long day

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume. They will grill you on anything you put on your resume until you have no more left to say.

Between interviews they chat with one another to discuss who they would like to see go forward.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I am a computer science major and I actually applied for the new graduate software engineering position. Although it was exciting to get contacted for an interview, I was a little disappointed because it was for the technical account manager role. Apparently when you send in your resume for a technical position, your resume gets put into the pool for all other technical positions as well. I was setup with a phone interview, and that was as far as I got. They asked me a bunch of customer service questions. For example, explain a situation you have been in that demonstrates your customer service skills.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irvine, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a recruiter. Second phone interview with another technical account manager. Third interview was onsite to role play meeting with a fake client. Panel consisted of five employees; two managers and three technical account managers. One hour timed PowerPoint presentation provided by Microsoft. The last half hour was an open discussion. Last interview was by phone with national director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate; great benefits package. Research average salary.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

Very well structured interview process, starting with an HR interview, followed by an initial phone screen and a final on-site interview with multiple employees. Great communication by HR on the logistics and status of interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview takes place over the course of half a day. The candidates are provided with a group eal the night before. For the interview, the candidates rotate through various interview sessions with senior level employees and recruiters. There is a group session as well to get the candidates familiarized with each other. The interviews include situational questions, as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you write 13 in hexadecimal   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

I responded to the position through Microsoft's career board and within 2 weeks, received an email from a MS recruiter. Within a day, they were scheduling an interview. The original recruiter became sick so a 'stand in' recruiter was the one the actually called and did my initial phone interview. The next day, they wanted me to speak with a 'technical' rep, someone who turns out, wasn't even the hiring manager, but someone on the same team that I'd be working with. Not sure if that is common practice, but it did not make much sense other than to see if there would be some sort of personality conflict. The interview went well, in my opinion, and was told to expect a follow up email about face to face interview schedules. Never heard anything back and did not pursue any feedback. Looking back, it felt very rushed, as though HR was just trying to fulfill a 'three candidate interview' requirement.

Interview Questions

• If your customer wants something before the end of the day and you know that it is impossible to get it to them, then your manager wants something done by the end of the same day, how do you handle that? Keeping in mind that you know it will be impossible to get it done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter at a career fair at my college, was contacted via email about a month later. Had a two phone interviews and then an full-day on-site interview in Seattle. Was very smooth, friendly and if you had the technical knowledge and were a strong interviewer, this should not be as impossible as you think. Every interviewer was very friendly and it was like we were just having a lunch conversation.

Interview Questions

• Last interviewer said I had been doing very, very well and asked me why Microsoft shouldn't hire me.   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation, except for location.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

To attain call from the hiring manager took 4-months. The interview was technical. He wanted to know my skill sets with AD and Windows Registry.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

1. Applied online, through school's career site and talked with reps at career fair.
    2. On campus interview. 30 minutes standard questions (Why Microsoft, time you had a problem and what would you do differently, etc.)
    3. On site interview in Irving for. 4 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay with interviewer of GE CIO calling me because their Exchange server has been down for 1.5 hours and they've lost 1.5 million dollars in revenue.

Consulting question about how to optimize getting a drink product to multiple stores during a Super Bowl promotion where they were selling out at 60% of the stores.

Why Microsoft and not Google or Apple or Facebook?

Explain the cloud to me as if I'm a customer who doesn't understand what it is.

*There were different groups of interviewers who even though they were interviewing for the same positions asked completely different questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was a generous offer and the best I had received.