Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Interview

Was put through a mock technical issues with a client. I tried my best not knowing all the rules of being a TAM are. this was two years ago. Still waiting on an answer from them whether I got the job or not. Obvisously I did not get it. Some closure would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• Mock situation with a client was difficult not knowing the rules of what a TAM is allowed to do and not do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

There were 4 Interviews with a number of other individuals that applied. The process was very smooth and easy to navigate through. There were various types of job titles that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Questions...
      Why do you want to work at MSFT
      After reviewing my credentials they asked questions around my role and how I reacted to certain situations.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Four, 45 minute interviews on campus. They were mostly conversational. I thought I did really well, but apparently I wasn't a good fit for the position. In currently interviewing for another position within the company though. Make sure you don't use a GMail for your resume because I got called out on it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Oct: Met with the recruiter at college career fair
    Nov: Received phone interview
    Dec: Received invitation to Charlotte, NC
    January: Interview Day (Consist of 3 days: arrival/interview/individual tour)

Arrival: Dinner was paid for, and we get to meet with the past hires and some interviewers (casual dinner)
    Hotel/Rides were given.

Interview day: consist of ~40 rotating students getting 1:1 interview with 4 interviewers.
    Main question to prepare for is, "Why Microsoft?"

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft? Why not ***** company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself? Weakness/Strength/etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

First step: HR contact/phone, 2nd: Phone interview with HR 3rd: Phone interview with team member (3 x people) 4th: face to face, final interview at campus, all day (6 hours) interview with all team members + hiring manager with lunch. total 8 x people)

Interview Questions

• Q: What if the customer is not happy for your decision which you need to say 'No' to decline?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe and tell me what's in the north bridge of motherboard?   1 Answer
    • Q: What is your career goal and plan for the next 3 years and 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was an initial phone screen followed by 4 one on one interviews at a regional company location. The interviewers were nice and mainly focused on dealing with specific situations, critical thinking skills as well as overall personality and enthusiasm. My advice, think through each question and do it out loud so the interviewers can get an idea of your thinking process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which you were the POC for a customer and they asked that they receive a new POC because they didn't like something about you.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft in April 2010.

Interview

Very thorough, lot's of questions on technology and customer scenario's. Had a writing activity, presentation activity and role play.

Interview Questions

• Product has a bug in it, customer is frustrated as it is not working as sold by sales team, will not be fixed for 6 months due to code rewrite, you have to deliver this information back to CIO who is threatening to throw Microsoft and the product out.

This is a role play with 5-6 MS employees acting as the CIO, VP, Director, Manager, Engineer along with a few acting in the MS Sales positions. This group will also be in the same positions when you perform your presentation.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward, Stock, Salary and details on your bonus potential

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (New Orleans, LA) in April 2010.

Interview

My interview process was approximately 4 hours long. For the most part it was other TAMs interviewing me and all the questions were how to deal with difficult customers and putting me on the spot. I didn't get asked one technical question. Go figure. They also asked me to provide examples from my current job of how I dealt with a difficult situation and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• You are out with a customer at dinner and the customer is obviouly drunk and is continuting to bad mouth not only you but Microsoft. Basically saying Microsoft sucks and you don't provide me any value. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • The MS Account rep offers you tickets to a professional basket ball game so you can take the customer and hopefully discuss a certain project. You and the customer discuss a project while at the game and he informas that he's decided to go with a non-microsoft solution and tells you not ot say anything to the MS account rep about it. Upon returning from the game.the Account rep asked what you talked about and whether the customer has made a decision about the solution. What do you do? Do you tell the Account Rep?   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was insane. Way too long. Too many people involved. There was definitely worth to what they were asking and getting at but it was like each interview, whether by phone or video or in person were asking the same things. They could really save time and money if they reviewed the process and slimmed it down.

Interview Questions

• Elevator pitches are the hardest thing for me to do and one of the phone interviewers wanted me to pop one off on the spur of the moment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate anything, salary, stock options, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Waukesha, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a MS recruiter and was scheduled for a technical interview. The interview wasn't very technical and then I moved on to a panel interview with the hiring manager and his peer. An offer soon followed the whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a situation where a customer denied a phone conversation where they agreed to have on-site help. Since this wasn't in email we couldn't charge them for services.   Answer Question