Microsoft Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Microsoft Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

3.5

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

Was introduced to recruiter at career fair. Received e-mail of interest from recruiter within two weeks. Had two phone interviews asking mainly technical questions followed by in-person interviews with four managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you encountered and how you worked to solve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviewer is conducted on Skype due to oversea's position. Time of interview was 40-50 minutes. 10-12 questions. To prepare for this interview, I assort about 10-15 Microsoft interview questions and most of them are what I received as interview question. However, some of questions that have no correct answers are hard to answer, it is definitely best to think and prepare them before interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you build a refrigerator (or a calculator)?
      If you are to build a kitchen, what will it look like?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

1 round have to answer 12 questions on the phone. 80% correct rate will earn you a ticket to the 2 round.
    2 round talk to a senior support engineer about troubleshoting questions
    3 round onsite to meet the team, last round was still tough, I was asked a lot tough questions like from the windows networks to windows clusters, from software to hardware tuning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

They got my resume through college career services. The interview consisted of 4 1:1 interview each lasted for 45 minutes. three of them were much more at behavioral side and one was general programming.

Interview Questions

• Everything was too general. Couldn't even figure out what they were looking for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Campus interview is easy, just talk previous working experience.
    Phone interview is not hard, just anwer the question about "the most difficulty of your work..."
    The day before onsite interview, there is a dinner to meet engineers in MS.
    Onsite interivew is intensive. Talk to 4 person, and 45 minitues per person. Everyone will give you a like behavior question, such as "what would you do if something happened..."
    They are very nice persons, every student is exciting about the interview, but not everyone can get offer.
    By the end of interview day, the offer will be known.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

the process is quite smoothly and check with HR, HR will deliver the resume with the team managers

When we process the inteview, it will raise some common techincal issues and some IQ issues

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft (Issaquah, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

Referral, HR phone screen and then in person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

pretty close ended

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Charlotte, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

My interview was great technically tough but open and warm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

IT was good but it was also before Microsoft became greedy and stingy.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Lisbon (Portugal)) in November 2016.

Interview

stage 1: Online Test
    stage 2: Video Interview (only answering questions to the camera)
    stage 3: Skype interview
    stage 4: Assessment Centre

In the end they call to tell us the result and give us feedback about the assessment centre.

It was a good day at the microsoft office. we were 8 and only 2 positions open.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

An onilne test on Cocubes. 1st there was an aptitude test (standard quant, verbal, logic questions). Then there was a technical test (Computer networking & Active Dirctory basics). About half of the students were selected for the next round which was GD. Then there were technical, HR & managerial interview rounds.