Microsoft Interview Questions in Tokyo | Glassdoor

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

First step was sending an application online including a resume and a 3 page project description. I was then invited to an online coding test. After that I was invited to an interview in Tokyo where I had 3x 1h interviews with an engineer. Those interviews consisted out of a self-introduction from myself and the engineer, and some problems. For me, all these engineers were from the same team. I didn't do particularly well on neither the coding test nor the interview problems, but I got an offer which I accepted.
    I believe the main reason for this offer was the experience I had through my past projects. I don't speak Japanese well, but that wasn't a problem as the interview was held in English.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

First there is a screening on the document, through which they decide the candidate to have interviews. If your profile get passed, they will send you a problem set of 10 problems for you to prepare a presentation in front of the manager of all different departments to discuss your solution. The document will be sent exactly before 24 hours before your interview appointment, so that you have only 24 hours to prepare for it.

If you passed the group interview, there will be individual interviews by potential manager who thinks you are a good match. After that, is the offer.

Interview Questions

• My topic for the group interview was to propose an proper input solution for glass-based device, e.g. AR glass.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2016.

Interview

There is no behavior questions. Before the interview, Microsoft asked me to submit a document of projects of experience. In the beginning of the interview, the interviewer asked me the process of the top 2 projects in the document. Afterwards, some questions about user experience is asked, such as what is the user experience of input method of Google or why Google services make you impressed. And then is the last topic, asking question.

Interview Questions

• What is the user experience for you of using input method of Google.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2016.

Interview

About half a month after the online application, I got email from the university recruiting team. I was scheduled three rounds of interviews on the same day. The interview questions were not very hard, two of them are about data structure and one is about HTTP. After the interview, I got the offer on after a couple of days through phone call. The entire process was smooth and interviewers are very kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to handle HTTP response. And, write some test case to test your function.   Answer Question

Bing Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application on-line. Received e-mail from recruiter to schedule interview. The scheduling took a long time since the manager was on an overseas business trip. Went to interview - informal meeting with manager who described the team goals and employment opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. The interviewer and I exchanged info through an ordinary conversation. I was surprised since they didn't ask anything technical at all.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the summer internship. They did some background check based on resume and programming experience.
    Interview was held in 1 day and contained 3 sessions. Session 1 (45 mins) was about presenting a topic given on the previous day. Session 2 (45 mins) was technical screening. Last session (30 mins) was HR interview.
    The decision supposed to be given after 3 working days (the recruited said it to me), yet I got the decision after 2 weeks.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I was originally temp-staff covering for paternal leave but the person never returned. The interview process was about 13 separate interviews over the phone to the US and in person spread over a couple of months and then they went quiet.

After three months of waiting, I was told they had hired someone else purely because he worked for a company that the head of the group had worked for and could I train him?

I almost certainly burned that bridge, probably while standing on it.

I am told the interview circus has stopped, but I am not sure I would want to go back, it was pretty rough being temp-staff and treated like that.

Interview Questions

• The old puzzle question about bags of apples or oranges. (this was a long time ago when those were in vogue.)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on web.
    I wrote about my programming experience and my projects to the resume.
    The resume need to be written the reason about application to the intern and the diagram related to one of my projects.
    After 2week I got a guidance of aptitude test.
    Then, I got a guidance about interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Microsoft?
      Why should we choose you?
      What was the most difficult problem in your experience?
      How about this interview using English?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Interview

Depends on the position and the division. Our division has the two step of interview, which are senior mgr and director.

Interview Questions

• How do you realize the big win in the cloud market? Could you tell us the way of sales scenario?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Applied online and was called for technical interview

Interview Questions

• Maybe because only for intern, the question was standard, i.e. Hanoi tower and sorting   Answer Question