Microsoft Interview Questions in Tokyo | Glassdoor

Microsoft Interview Questions in Tokyo

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2016.

Interview

There is no behavior questions. Before the interview, Microsoft asked me to submit a document of projects of experience. In the beginning of the interview, the interviewer asked me the process of the top 2 projects in the document. Afterwards, some questions about user experience is asked, such as what is the user experience of input method of Google or why Google services make you impressed. And then is the last topic, asking question.

Interview Questions

• What is the user experience for you of using input method of Google.   Answer Question

Software Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2016.

Interview

About half a month after the online application, I got email from the university recruiting team. I was scheduled three rounds of interviews on the same day. The interview questions were not very hard, two of them are about data structure and one is about HTTP. After the interview, I got the offer on after a couple of days through phone call. The entire process was smooth and interviewers are very kind and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to handle HTTP response. And, write some test case to test your function.   Answer Question

Bing Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application on-line. Received e-mail from recruiter to schedule interview. The scheduling took a long time since the manager was on an overseas business trip. Went to interview - informal meeting with manager who described the team goals and employment opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. The interviewer and I exchanged info through an ordinary conversation. I was surprised since they didn't ask anything technical at all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the summer internship. They did some background check based on resume and programming experience.
    Interview was held in 1 day and contained 3 sessions. Session 1 (45 mins) was about presenting a topic given on the previous day. Session 2 (45 mins) was technical screening. Last session (30 mins) was HR interview.
    The decision supposed to be given after 3 working days (the recruited said it to me), yet I got the decision after 2 weeks.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I was originally temp-staff covering for paternal leave but the person never returned. The interview process was about 13 separate interviews over the phone to the US and in person spread over a couple of months and then they went quiet.

After three months of waiting, I was told they had hired someone else purely because he worked for a company that the head of the group had worked for and could I train him?

I almost certainly burned that bridge, probably while standing on it.

I am told the interview circus has stopped, but I am not sure I would want to go back, it was pretty rough being temp-staff and treated like that.

Interview Questions

• The old puzzle question about bags of apples or oranges. (this was a long time ago when those were in vogue.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on web.
    I wrote about my programming experience and my projects to the resume.
    The resume need to be written the reason about application to the intern and the diagram related to one of my projects.
    After 2week I got a guidance of aptitude test.
    Then, I got a guidance about interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Microsoft?
      Why should we choose you?
      What was the most difficult problem in your experience?
      How about this interview using English?
      Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Interview

Depends on the position and the division. Our division has the two step of interview, which are senior mgr and director.

Interview Questions

• How do you realize the big win in the cloud market? Could you tell us the way of sales scenario?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Applied online and was called for technical interview

Interview Questions

• Maybe because only for intern, the question was standard, i.e. Hanoi tower and sorting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2013.

Interview

After I passed the resume screening, I took a 30 minutes technical interview. I was first asked to merge the two sorted integer array, then explain the algorithm in English. Then, the interview asked me what improvements should be done for the Microsoft products.

Interview Questions

• How do you test a machine that returns only accepts 4 to 6?   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a MSFT employee so was about to get a same day 5 people loop interview. The interviewers seemed smart and friendly. I was asked a few "classical" microsoft questions (estimate a number of people over a specific period of time, design an interface for a device given constraints, etc...).

I was told that there were two main reasons why i was not hired: my way of explaining things is not optimal (which is a problem i am aware of) and they were expecting me to analyze problems in a certain manner and thus make less assumptions than i did.

Almost all of my experience is from startup companies (including starting one) and my way of thinking is less structured and this is one of the reasons i wanted to work for a large company. It seemed that they also thought the same, and while i can get stuff done my own way they didnt want to make an effort to teach me.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of people who visit the Gala-Yuzawa ski resort in season?   1 Answer
    • How would you design a TV with a remote control having two buttons only.   1 Answer