Microsoft Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

3.1

191 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

I had emailed a researcher about an intern position described on his/her web page.
    The person replied me and provided some description about the project and scheduled a Skype call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual. It was mainly about my research projects during my PhD & over background.   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Technical pre-screening phone call followed by 3x1hr interviews covering commercial, technical and hiring manager. Technical questions were designed to start from easy overview questions to deep dive on each technology stack required. This is to gauge your level of knowledge not to trip you up. Don't expect to answer everything

Student Partner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Sent my CV. They liked it and invited me to a 20 minute long Skype or Phone interview. I was interviewed by two people. Then they asked me to write a blog.

MACH Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2017.

Interview

After passing the situational test, I was invited to the video interview (recorded) There's about 9 questions - asking you to introduce yourself, why do you want to work for them, about the cloud etc.

Graduate Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, asked for basic information and CV required. Then I got a link to complete an online assessment, which wasn't hard. After being successful, I got a link to do the video interview which had some basic questions, but some questions threw me off a little bit. Research on the company.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The overall impression is negative however there are a few strong positives I will call out, unfortunately balanced by some aspects really disappointing.

Had one brief prep call with the recruiter, then a technical screening, then a detailed prep call with an assigned person from the recruiting team, then got invited at their assessment centre in Reading.

Strong positives:
    - Impressed with the quality of prep work guidance and interview materials sent by e-mail before the interview;
    - Impressed with the proposed format of the interview (three one-hour interviews in front of a panel);
    - Impressed with the level of the detail in the feedback.

Amazing negatives:
    - None of the three interviews were what they were supposed to be; they were one person conversations and I felt like I put one week of effort preparing a presentation which was neither discussed nor seen.
    Only one interviewer in the room meant subjectivity and risk of biased feedback;
    One of the interviewers actually made up most of the findings on which the rejection was founded;
    The feedback given was contradictory to the point of absurdity.

That being said, I fully accept the idea of an employer at will. However, rational and consistent in the decision making process would make two great additions to that...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

The recruiter informed me a week before that I would have a 30-minutes interview for the role. The structure of the interview was 15 minutes behavioral and questions on my CV, almost 10 minutes a technical question and I also had 3-4 minutes to ask any question I had.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about your experience (Questions on my CV).
      2) Tell me about a time in your working experience when you dealt with a problem with a colleague and what did you do.
      3) Reverse a Linked List.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute first stage coding interview on-campus.

30 days have passed after this initial screen interview. And I still have no feedback from them. That is awful if you ask me. Please fix your interview process Microsoft.

Misc Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was introduced via a mutual contact to explore options. However, MS representative had a specific post in mind but forgot to email the job description to me. Thus, it did not go well.
    NB. MS post was outside of my main skill set and so I was unable to answer in questions in great depth but I could have if I knew the job description e.g refocus preparation.

Interview Questions

• How would you revolutionise technology used in sector X?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The process took a very long time and strange questions were asked, such as how many lines of code have you written in X which isn't a good metric for skill or experience.