Midfirst Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.7

Investor Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was smooth and efficient. Be prepared to meet with multiple levels of management. I have heard it is highly recommended to go through a staffing agency rather than using the company's website.

Interview Questions

• Most questions will be situational, e.g. Give me a time when....?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

A phone interview was arranged with the HR department first. It took about 30 minutes. The questions that were asked in the interview were basic and overall about the company's business and services and the applicant's skills, educational background, and also work experience. The next step was the in-person interview with the hiring department . Still in the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MidFirst?
      Have you ever gone above and beyond?
      Answer Question

Compliance Testing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by HR within a week to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pleasant and involved in depth questions about my skills, strengths, weaknesses, and why I was interested in the position. Next, I interviewed with two supervisors in the compliance department who were also very professional and pleasant as well. Both the HR recruiter and the supervisors seemed to genuinely enjoy working for the company. HR regularly kept me updated on the status of my application/ interviews.

Interview Questions

• When you have an important deadline and multiple projects to complete, how would you prioritize those responsibilities?

In a scenario where someone strongly opposes your stance on a compliance matter, how would you persuade them to accept your stance?
      Answer Question

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank.

Interview

Contacted by a friendly HR representative who said she had looked over my resume and was inquiring to see if I was still interested in the Teller position I had put in for. I of course said yes and she proceeded to ask if it would be alright if she asked me just a couple questions to get to know me better. Basic questions, after which she said she would be sending the collected information down to the hiring manager at the branch. After a few days I got a phone call from the Teller Operations Supervisor who asked me if I had time to come in for a face-to-face interview. I of course yet again accepted, and within a few days I was arriving at the branch for the interview. I walked over to the lady who had greeted me when I walked in and explained I was here for the interview. She had my take a seat and assured me Heidi, the Teller Supervisor, would be right out. After what seemed like an eternity, Heidi eventually came over and introduced herself as I did myself. She then dropped the bombshell that I would not only be interviewing with her, but also the branch manager. At. The. Same. Time. After hearing that absolutely fantastic news, my heart was pretty much being dragged by my ankles as we approached the interview room. But after a few standard interview questions, I realized there was nothing to worry about. After a few minutes the tension in the room dissipated, we were laughing and enjoying ourselves, and I left feeling confident as ever.

Interview Questions

• The branch manager asked me to sell a random item that he grabbed off his desk to him.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Senior Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Let me start off by stating this is a candid review and has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome (or lack thereof). The interview process is pure chaos. First off, the website is not user friendly at all and doesn't allow you to navigate easily. I have been in banking for 10+ years and have held many different positions. One question I hate on all applications is "current salary" this frankly shouldn't matter, but employers use it to determine what they think the prospect would expect. For example if they are making 40k at their current employer and their range for their new position is 40k-60k, even if the employer values the prospect at 50-55k they will offer 45k and know the prospect will likely except. Here is where MidFirst's process goes horribly wrong. They asked what I was making as an assistant branch manager, I truthfully explained I was making 60k a year, I applied for a position that I KNEW was considerably lower on the pay scale (around 35k-40k) a year. I was making this change because I wanted less responsibility and knew I was going to get less pay. But there was no area in the application that asks what I would expect MidFirst to pay me. So within a couple days on all 3 applications I get immediate decline emails. So I decided to call HR and ask if there was a reason why. I was told "well we can't pay you 60k a year for a 35k a year job". I said I never said I wanted that much money there was no area that would let me explain that. She said oh well that changes things and immediately said I was eligible for the 3 positions and wanted to know which I wanted to interview for. It was a really weird experience. So I had a phone interview the next day, then had a face to face interview a week later. The interview itself went pretty well, they seemed very impressed with my experience, knowledge, education and background. I asked a lot of questions about the company, the position and their success. The hiring manager was engaged. She said we will be making a decision within the week, I will keep you posted and you will hear from me either way. She said if you have any questions call or email me. I sent a thank you email to her when I got home. Never got a response back at all. I waited the week and never heard back, after another week I called and left a message for her on her voicemail. Never received a called or email back. I decided to start applying elsewhere. I applied and had an interview with a different company about a week later, ironically the day of my interview, I got a phone call from the manager. She said, sorry for the delay, haven't forgotten about you, we had some difficulty making a decision and we still haven't decided so it will be another week. How is that even possible?? I said ok keep me posted. That was last month. Still haven't heard anything, but I proceeded with the other company and received a tremendous offer I couldn't refuse. Out of courtesy I sent an email explaining I am no longer interested in the position and have accepted employment elsewhere. Guess what...Never got an email back. Shocking. There is so much confusion and ZERO communication. It was by far the worst experience I have had with any company.

Interview Questions

• How would you drum up new business (prospective bank customers) and how would you deepen the relationships of the existing customers.   Answer Question
    • How well do you work as a team?   Answer Question

BSA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

Application was thorough. Received a call from a recruiter the next day to set up phone interview. Phone interview was a few days later. Phone interview went well, in my opinion. Recruiter informed me that I would hear something by the end of the week regarding an additional interview. I never heard back from the recruiter either way. A rejection letter would be better than nothing at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a quick decision and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Interview

It was easy, took about a week to get me hired on. I only spoke with one girl and she was so cool and fun to chat with. Just go in there and sound interesting because they like that

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Teller Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Good communication and quick response from recruiter. In person interview was scheduled with the hiring manager and at the actual hiring office. First impressions: slow branches, fancy bank interior, not the most professional interviewers, general questions that do not reveal whole lot about your personality / skills. Overall, good interview experience, good place to work, fair compensation and incentives plan.

Float Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank.

Interview

First step was a telephone interview. This interview was mainly situational. I.E. When was a time that you had to deal with an upset customer, and how did you handle it. After the phone interview, they set up a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face was very relaxed, and my interviewer mainly wanted to know more about me.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Midfirst Bank (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I did a prescreen with one of the ladies in HR, it was just going over the position, your resume and then asking to do basic math in your head. Then it was an in person interview with the teller operations supervisor, assistant banking center manager and the banking center manager. In person interview was going over your resume, where you see yourself in the future and asking about difficult situations with customers. If offered the position, they do a background screening, credit check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult or unexpected, they focused on asking a lot of questions when you were in difficult situations and asking about being able to sell products to customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me after my interview and addressed my noticeable tattoos and piercings, they made me aware that I would need to make sure the piercings were out (I had a clear tongue ring in for my interview) and that I needed to make sure all tattoos were covered at all times. They asked if this would be an issue and I reassured them that it wouldn't be an issue and they extended an offer to me at that time. The background screening, drug test and credit check went really quickly. They were hiring for a banking center that was opening towards the end of the year, I accepted the position but didn't have a start date for about a month after I accepted the offer.