Midland States Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Midland States Bank

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Midland States Bank (Effingham, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I initially started as an intern before being hired on full-time. The first two steps of the interview process consisted of a phone call and written assessment to test my technical and creative writing skills. The phone call with HR was very informative about the role and Midland States Bank as a whole. The call asked questions about my goals and experience to see if I would fit with the company's culture, and vice versa. A face-to-face interview with the marketing manger and director followed, which consisted of questions about my past work experience, work ethic, and ability to work with a diverse team with diverse responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about completing an assignment you don't have much experience in?   Answer Question

Universal Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, IL

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Midland States Bank (Freeport, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview in detail with many expected interview questions was the first initial contact. This happened within a week of applying. HR was fabulous, easy to talk to and explained everything in detail for the position. We went over my experience, resume, and different question scenarios for service. The following week I was called to request an in person interview, scheduled the week following. This was with the manager and assistant manager, which was a formal interview but the atmosphere was very relaxed after introductions. Great staff, great rapport and the interview was fun but went over all the details. One week later I was called for a final interview with the regional manager. It was a more formal interview but still ended with good conversation and a lot of information about the company, what to expect and why Midland is the best bank to work for.

Systems Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Midland States Bank (Columbia, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

interview is inquisitive about one's skill set
    and how they have been used at previous employment sites. also were questions pertaining to gaps in employment which in my case was due to an illness and relocation. this seemed to be acceptable responses.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Midland States Bank (Dixon, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

I was initially suprised to get a call for an interview because my degree is not in any way associated with the job they were trying to fill. However, I was excited because I had been trying to find a job for 6 months (I started looking as soon as my last semester of college started). The Interviewers were under-prepared which caused the interview to be over within 20 minutes. They seemed like they had better things to do with their time than interviewing me and when they tried to find a connection between my background and the job it was tenuous at best. I left the interview feeling offended and frusterated. This company (this office in particular) was definitely not a match for me. However, assuming you have the appropriate credentials and a genuine interest in this field, it could still be a match for you.