MightyHive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MightyHive

Sort:

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MightyHive (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Really nice people! Behavioral/data questions first round, then they send you writing samples/data/excel stuff to turn in in 48 hours for the next round. I personally didn't do the project because of personal time constraints, but from who I've talked to they're really nice and open to helping you with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• XYZ company is making a product. The founders of your company need you to create a pitch to keep their funding. What's your pitch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MightyHive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview with basic, behavioral questions. Then was an excel assignment and a writing sample. Lastly I had a Skype interview with multiple members from the team where they asked me more specific questions related to the company's practices.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a technical process to a non-technical person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MightyHive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Within a minute of stepping into the office for my interview, I was approached my the company's CEO, who apologized for not yet knowing me. When he found out I was only an applicant, he took the time to diffuse some of my nerves and wish me luck. At least ten other employees did the same, and made sure I wasn't just sitting quietly by myself in the five minutes it took my interviewer to fetch me. It set a very good tone for an overwhelmingly positive interview process.

The process was three steps long:

After submitting my application, I had a phone screener to find out about my goals, discuss my professional background, and do a quick critical thinking test. Fairly easy, very friendly and super informative.

Next, I had 48 hours to complete a data practical and writing assignment, all basic excel/communications stuff. I got to pick the best time for them to send it to make sure I wouldn't be too busy.

After that I was invited to the office for a three hour interview covering my experiences and goals. I was sent a full itinerary of the things they would want to discuss so I could prepare easily, which I thought was incredibly courteous. The formal interview was about 50% sharing anecdotes about myself and 50% discussing the company and how it fit into my goals, having my questions answered, etc.

There was also a culture interview where some current employees took me out for coffee and just chatted with me casually. It was a great time to have my "off the record" questions answered. I ended up having a discussion about the work culture for women there and they spoke to me a lot about my potential future both in and beyond the company. I actually walked out of the interview feeling much more confident about my life plans.

Overall, I really got the sense that these people respected my time and effort and tried to give me every opportunity to impress them. Everybody answered my questions deeply and honestly, without falling back to any generic "company lines."

Everybody went out of their way to make me comfortable, offering me snacks, ample water/bathroom breaks, encouraging me to take my time coming up with the perfect answer to the questions, and making sure that I was feeling fresh and energized throughout the three hour on-site.

Interview Questions

• This company wants you to ask questions. They really want to get the sense that you're thinking deeply about the job as a real part of your career trajectory. If you're unsure what that trajectory is, they'll use the interview to help you figure it out.

They honestly want you to rock the interview. The questions are mainly softball-type open ended ones that give you a chance to share your best moments. It really is more of a conversation than a rigid interview process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MightyHive (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Started with a quick phone interview. The interviewer was nice if unprepared, he didn't really have any questions prepared but did say we were supposed to do a critical thinking test at the end of the call but we ran out of time to do it, which was also odd. After that they gave me a long take-home exam with 5 excel questions and two written questions. The questions weren't hard if you know how to do Vlookups and Pivot Tables but they gave it to me over a holiday weekend and said that I only had 48 hours to do it. Overall the test seemed unnecessarily long for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• you will spend much of your time explaining technical processes to your clients. In 300 words or less, explain a complex technical issue or process assuming the client you are communicating with has little to no background in the field you are discussing.   Answer Question
    • In 1-2 paragraphs, give an example of a time you set a goal and achieved it. What was the goal? What steps did you take to achieve the goal? What were some roadblocks you encountered along the way?   Answer Question

MightyHive Response

Oct 16, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We apologize for not effectively communicating our policy to allow candidates an extension on assignments during the holidays. If you are still... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MightyHive (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone call with recruiter (including a simple case study question), a written/analytical case study, onsite with 4 team members, coffee/lunch with 2 other people outside of the team, phone call with another team member in a different location, references checked, then offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you built a relationship with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MightyHive in April 2017.

Interview

A pretty easy interview with a hypothetical case at the end. They said they would contact me within a few days and then was told I did not make it to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MightyHive (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online, same day was contacted and scheduled a screening call. Call was a very standard 30 minute interview, asking about experience and any questions I may have upfront. Follow up was to do a 2-3 hour "practical", one part consisting of 10 excel questions and the other a behavioral written portion. In my opinion, it was super easy if you know how to use basic excel formulas and pivot tables.
    Strangely even though I thought it was an easy interview process and assignment up to that point. I received a generic automated message from Greenhouse that they were ending the interview process. I thanked them for their time and interest and asked for feedback, but never received anything. This made for a negative experience as others have pointed out.
    I understand recruiters and companies have a lot of things on their plate when it comes to hiring, but when you ask a potential candidate to do a 2-3 hour hypothetical assignment for you and send a generic “were ending the interview process” response back with no feedback or explanation it does not look good on your part. That makes for a negative experience in the business world and especially the ad tech world where it's very small and most people know of one another in the industry. And when you do something like that on a regular basis which seems to be the case as others have commented. It makes it actually harder to recruit potentially great candidates. Trust me people read Glassdoor. Just food for thought.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MightyHive in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the next day was contacted and scheduled a screening call. Call was a very standard 30 minute interview, covered normal ground for a display ad company. Follow up was a to do 2-3 hour "practical", terminated the process two days later with no explanation. I would not recommend doing the practical after the first call, it is an inefficient use of your job search time. Go for it if you pass multiple interview calls.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MightyHive in July 2017.

Interview

1. Application online
    2. Schedule your appointment online on their calendar
    3. Phone interview (wait for their call, be punctual)
    4. They are NOT ALLOWED to give FEEDBACKS , don't know why (don't ask for feedbacks)

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in the future, how can MightyHive helps you? What will you do to achieve your goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MightyHive (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

1)Recruiter call
    2) Phone Screen
    3) Practical Homework

I found the people I spoke to at Mighty Hive to be personable, but very much still in startup mode of wanting people to wear many hats.

My main negative experience was asking for feedback, after getting an automated message from Greenhouse that they were ending the interview process, and was met with the most bizarre response that they couldn't legally give any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in the past that you came up with a new approach to an existing problem. What was the problem? What steps did you take to overcome the problem?   Answer Question