Mike's Hard Lemonade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mike's Hard Lemonade Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Social Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then 4 in-person interviews 2 weeks later.

All 4 in-person interviews were very conversational and didn't seem as much like an inquisition as 4 interviews in a row usually would. I was asked to take a spelling/grammar test at the end of the 4th interview. That was a little jarring. Nothing crazy, but after 4.5 straight hours of focus/stress it was more difficult than it would have been on an average day.

I was told I'd know about next steps a few days later after they talked to another candidate. I didn't hear anything, reached out at the end of the week, and then was told I'd hear either way by the middle of the following week. Didn't hear anything for 2 more weeks. Finally received an email that they went with another candidate. The position is still posted.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

About a month after applying I was offered a phone interview which lasted ~20 minutes. From there I was offered an in-person and upon confirmation of my references I was offered the role. I met with both people who work in their HR dept and got a great sense of the company and their positions. Overall, the role seemed nice and the comp was reasonable but I am pursuing a different opportunity.

Interview Questions

I am pursuing a different opportunity, but Mikes seemed like a great place to work during the process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied Online and was contacted the next day. Phone screen was typical get to know you questions and explaining the position. Within a few days I was invited into their headquarters downtown. Met with four people including HR, Direct Manager, Colleague, and Marketing Manager. All were very nice however company seems like it lacks structure and things are just shoot by the hip. Thought the interview went very well and was highly conversational. Reading the reviews on glassdoor it seems like if you've ever worked at a decent company that knows what it is doing, then you would hate working here. The place clearly attracts young people and those that think the image of working for Mike's seems cool at the expense of positive work environment. After interview, HR said they would follow up the following week but never heard anything back. How companies can go without a simple thanks but no thanks email for someone who took large chunks out of their day to meet with them is beyond me. Also, highly concerned with making sure you fit their "culture" which was odd. I can understand why this company has high turnover based on the reviews. Otherwise, my impression was mixed however I will rate negative only due to poor post interview follow up and lacking in structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous job experience? How do you feel about working for a smaller company? What kind of data analysis experience do you have?   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

process consisted of six different interviews over the course of two weeks, with a combination of skype and phone calls. Interviews were with two different HR employees, future direct supervisor, sales team in local market, and very quick call with director of sales. Follow up with job offer was quick.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Interview

Fairly in-depth, multiple interviews at multiple levels of management. Met with team lead, then VP of National Accounts, then met with the acting CEO. Overall I felt like the process was very thorough and the questions asked were pretty routine. Good company but high turnover.

Interview Questions

• What is most intriguing to you about the alcohol industry   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Interview

Interview with VP then interview with owner. Quick, loose, and fun. They judge your character more then anything, which I felt was importAnt. Because the front office is so small it is important you fit in with the company culture.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

This interview process was rather quick but very well organized. I was surprised it went as quickly as it did from initial phone call to interview. The follow-up post interview also was quick which is always greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• Prior experience that was not industry related that would be applicable to position.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (Brookfield, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick questions about alcohol. Nothing crazy. It was easy if you know what your talking about. Don't be nervous. Just know what your talking about and be prepared. I didn't get the job beacuse of my hours. Hours is a big thing they care for. Have to get ready to work.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview with about 6 different people and took several assessment test

Interview Questions

• Fit with their culture - they do not really have a culture, they have a cult   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not bad

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Interview

Good experience

Negotiation

Yes, good