Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.0

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a telephone interview. I was then invited for a second interview in person. My interviewers were friendly and professional - established rapport very nicely. They even had my name in a welcome sign in the lobby - nice touch!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Milgard?   1 Answer

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. Although it didn't work out this time - please keep watching our career portal as new opportunities are happening all the time. We sure ... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter and after a brief talk, she set up an in-person interview with her. She had an emergency the day before and my interview was rescheduled with the HR Manager.
    The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. He was polite, professional, friendly, and took notes occasionally. At the end of the interview, he said: "you might be able to get along with your prospective boss." Well, I'm experienced and intelligent enough to know that this meant I wasn't the right fit to work with him, although I wonder how he got to that conclusion.
    It is disappointing that he promised to get back to me the following week, yet he never did and even the recruiter who asked me to let her know how my interview went, didn't bother to respond to my email.

My conclusion:
    Before the interview, I researched the company's reputation and found on Yelp, that it's less than satisfactory. While it worried me a little, I pursued this job regardless because I saw an opportunity to help improve their online reputation. What I neglected to remember is this golden rule: if a company's online reputation is unsatisfactory (e.g. too many complaints of the same nature, and in this case, lack of communication and follow up with customers), their internal processes (including the hiring process, i.e. follow up with candidates), may reflect the very same problem. Just something to consider when applying to jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you overcome a challenge?
      Give me an example when you turned a bad situation around?
      Answer Question

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I took 10 days process before they set up for phone interview via email. The HR personnel called and after phone interview she said she was going to forward my resume to the Hiring Manager for next interview. I wrote thank you note for the HR as courtesy and told her that I was very interested with the position and looking forward for personal interview. It has been a week, I've never heard from them again. Just yesterday they posted the same job again, probably I'm not what they are looking for. They should have sent me e-mail to notify me that they decided to pursue with other candidates as courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      What do you see yourself in five years
      What it means being multi-task
      When are you available to start
      Answer Question

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. HR Recruiter called me and we did a phone interview. Phone interview went well. She then setup an interview with the customer service coordinator manager a few days later. The interview went okay, common questions. He rambled on a bit more about the job than about my qualifications. He then said they had more interviews before they chose someone; aka you're not what I'm looking for…

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed 2 weeks later. Interview with HR was very smooth and she asked many questions related to purchasing. A job description did not require a purchasing experience but a Material Manager (to whom a Buyer reports) said that they cannot hire me because I do not have experience working with Purchase Orders (I have 15 years of experience with purchase orders and much more).

Inside Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Waited for a half hour ready for the call when I received an email from someone in HR saying she couldn't reach me. I replied right back that I was there and had a good cell signal as always - sent from my iPhone.

The following Tuesday she emails me again asking for another try which I of course agreed to. That Friday we actually talked for about three questions before she dropped off. I waited about 5 minutes for her to call back... nothing. Having her caller ID now I called the number and asked the receptionist for the same person in HR. The line went to voicemail and I left a message.

Nothing. Sent an email within 15 minutes. Crickets... Sent an email the following Monday... crickets...

Clearly the most unprofessional and bizarre interview I have ever had. Probably didn't matter anyway as I am sure they were looking for someone with far less experience and salary requirements, but still - how about some professional courtesy?

After that fiasco I would turn down any offer they might have made.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get that far... "why do you want to work here?" and "How does your experience translate to our company"...   Answer Question