Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing in March 2011.

Interview

Met with leadership team and current sales reps. Thorough interview that was fair. Staff was looking for fit both in culture and drive for success. Be prepared to show your aggressiveness towards winning business and always try to "close" when you wrap up the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you succeeded in winning business where others failed.   Answer Question
    • Explain how you develop relationships that result in winning business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair, they are open to having you ask for more money. You only get one shot in sales they do not offer annual raises to the sales team (if you want more sell more).

Shipper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

drug test, back ground check, trying to mach with job applying for the right job, talking to the supervisor of the department that you are applying for to make sure that you will fit and work out for the job that you are applying for and to see witch shift will work for you

Interview Questions

• what do you what to get from this job?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for sharing your experience with your interview process! Glad you joined the Milgard team!

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found it to be an excellent interview process. The phone interviews went well. I was able to skip the face to face interview due to being out of state and having interviewed with the company previously.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Mar 27, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you so much for the feedback on Milgard's interview process. Although in-person interviews are important, as you state there are times that it cannot happen. Milgard has many ways in which we... More

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 part interview. 1) Phone screening by HR. 2) Face to Face with HR. 3) Face to Face with the department director. 4) Face to Face with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position. Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you so much for this great feedback! We are happy to hear your experience was a positive one! For clarity purposes, the Senior Credit Analyst interviews only required the candidate to visit... More

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

interview process took over a month, poor communication from the hiring manager, had to interview 4 separate times with different supervisors and managers due to conflicting schedules and had to be scheduled across multiple weeks.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with lean manufacturing? what experience do you have with 5S   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

We truly appreciate your feedback on your interview process - that was definitely a lengthy process. Since 2015, we have made many improvements to the recruitment process and continue to make... More

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The recruiter is one of the nicest lady I have ever met.She is so full of energy and eager to help. She worked hard to get me an interview for the positions that i was interested in. My current supervisor conducted the interview and ,now that i know him better, i can say he is someone who earns his respect.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Nov 14, 2016 – HR Generalist

What wonderful feedback for our Sacramento team! We are happy to have you on board and that the recruitment process was such a positive experience for you!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter and after a brief talk, she set up an in-person interview with her. She had an emergency the day before and my interview was rescheduled with the HR Manager.
    The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. He was polite, professional, friendly, and took notes occasionally. At the end of the interview, he said: "you might be able to get along with your prospective boss." Well, I'm experienced and intelligent enough to know that this meant I wasn't the right fit to work with him, although I wonder how he got to that conclusion.
    It is disappointing that he promised to get back to me the following week, yet he never did and even the recruiter who asked me to let her know how my interview went, didn't bother to respond to my email.

My conclusion:
    Before the interview, I researched the company's reputation and found on Yelp, that it's less than satisfactory. While it worried me a little, I pursued this job regardless because I saw an opportunity to help improve their online reputation. What I neglected to remember is this golden rule: if a company's online reputation is unsatisfactory (e.g. too many complaints of the same nature, and in this case, lack of communication and follow up with customers), their internal processes (including the hiring process, i.e. follow up with candidates), may reflect the very same problem. Just something to consider when applying to jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you overcome a challenge?
      Give me an example when you turned a bad situation around?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had interview with HR on phone. Then I had interview with 2 directors, and CFO. They are all professional and friendly. They asked simple questions which we can search online to prepare.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Milgard? Tell me about yourself? What is your biggest mistakes?   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Temecula, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First Interview with HR, she ask questions regarding your work experience, your personality and so on. Then for about two weeks got interview with the production supervisor, asking about your view about team work and tour the warehouse..
    Then they have 5 days working interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation is entry level job that I applied.

Architectural Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person interview with sales manager, finally 3rd interview with all members of management (one on one)...so actually 5 interviews total. Interview was easy, open discussion of past experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your past customers have to say negative about you?   1 Answer