Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.5

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met HR who asked if you can read a tape measure, carry 25 pounds and can stand for long hours, she the give a simple paper test on your reading ability, once you pass you get the job offer immediately.

Interview Questions

• Can you carry more than 25 pounds?   1 Answer

Purchasing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I took 10 days process before they set up for phone interview via email. The HR personnel called and after phone interview she said she was going to forward my resume to the Hiring Manager for next interview. I wrote thank you note for the HR as courtesy and told her that I was very interested with the position and looking forward for personal interview. It has been a week, I've never heard from them again. Just yesterday they posted the same job again, probably I'm not what they are looking for. They should have sent me e-mail to notify me that they decided to pursue with other candidates as courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      What do you see yourself in five years
      What it means being multi-task
      When are you available to start
      Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a telephone interview. I was then invited for a second interview in person. My interviewers were friendly and professional - established rapport very nicely. They even had my name in a welcome sign in the lobby - nice touch!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Milgard?   1 Answer

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. Although it didn't work out this time - please keep watching our career portal as new opportunities are happening all the time. We sure ... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. The manager and supervisor both interviewed me. They asked pretty basic questions about prior experience. I made sure to do my research on the company to know what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your recent interview in our Sacramento facility. We are glad you found the experience to be positive and also glad that you have joined ... More

Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very simple interview, mostly related to "how would you handle this situation" questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are fairly negotiable

Inside Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Aurora, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Waited for a half hour ready for the call when I received an email from someone in HR saying she couldn't reach me. I replied right back that I was there and had a good cell signal as always - sent from my iPhone.

The following Tuesday she emails me again asking for another try which I of course agreed to. That Friday we actually talked for about three questions before she dropped off. I waited about 5 minutes for her to call back... nothing. Having her caller ID now I called the number and asked the receptionist for the same person in HR. The line went to voicemail and I left a message.

Nothing. Sent an email within 15 minutes. Crickets... Sent an email the following Monday... crickets...

Clearly the most unprofessional and bizarre interview I have ever had. Probably didn't matter anyway as I am sure they were looking for someone with far less experience and salary requirements, but still - how about some professional courtesy?

After that fiasco I would turn down any offer they might have made.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get that far... "why do you want to work here?" and "How does your experience translate to our company"...   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Temecula, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

For the most part, it was easy. Typical questions were asked like how are you in a team environment, and how do you handle conflict with another coworker. After the first interview, there was a second interview with the supervisor of the department where he continued to ask more questions about my skill sets. One thing that I did not like about this process was that both interviews, the interviewer wrote your responses on a paper. I felt that I was disconnected with the interviewer during the whole process.

Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website. HR Recruiter called me and we did a phone interview. Phone interview went well. She then setup an interview with the customer service coordinator manager a few days later. The interview went okay, common questions. He rambled on a bit more about the job than about my qualifications. He then said they had more interviews before they chose someone; aka you're not what I'm looking for…

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2008.

Interview

The process was very smooth... they really wanted me at the local level. It seemed that there was some disagreements at the corp level and local level... non uncommon as each as a different vision or agenda. Corp did not want me (in spite of years experience specifically in the industry).

Interview Questions

• I was asked lots of questions with terminology specific to Milgard....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had other offers - I believe they wanted to offer less than what they really did... I ended up with about 15% than the intial "hint" of what the job payed.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed 2 weeks later. Interview with HR was very smooth and she asked many questions related to purchasing. A job description did not require a purchasing experience but a Material Manager (to whom a Buyer reports) said that they cannot hire me because I do not have experience working with Purchase Orders (I have 15 years of experience with purchase orders and much more).