Milgard Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

The hiring process included a phone interview and physical meeting with the Department Head & CFO of the company to discuss the companies culture, my professional experience and future goals. The goal was to establish how a partnership would compliment both the immediate and long term needs of the company and myself in addition to adding to MIlgard's vision.

Interview Questions

• how did i work with difficult people   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager, then shift supervisor, then HR manager. Offered position within a week of the first interview. Pretty basic questions, asked if I had production experience, what tools I was familiar with, and if I could handle working in less than favorable conditions. Very friendly!

Interview Questions

• What tools are you familiar with using?   1 Answer

Aug 10, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for providing feedback on our interview process. We strive to make this a positive experience for all candidates who honor us with their interest!

Shipper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

drug test, back ground check, trying to mach with job applying for the right job, talking to the supervisor of the department that you are applying for to make sure that you will fit and work out for the job that you are applying for and to see witch shift will work for you

Interview Questions

• what do you what to get from this job?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for sharing your experience with your interview process! Glad you joined the Milgard team!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. The manager and supervisor both interviewed me. They asked pretty basic questions about prior experience. I made sure to do my research on the company to know what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your recent interview in our Sacramento facility. We are glad you found the experience to be positive and also glad that you have joined... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Fife, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first step was a telephone interview. I was then invited for a second interview in person. My interviewers were friendly and professional - established rapport very nicely. They even had my name in a welcome sign in the lobby - nice touch!

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Milgard?   1 Answer

Apr 26, 2017 – Manager, Recruiting and Talent Management

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. Although it didn't work out this time - please keep watching our career portal as new opportunities are happening all the time. We sure... More

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I found it to be an excellent interview process. The phone interviews went well. I was able to skip the face to face interview due to being out of state and having interviewed with the company previously.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Mar 27, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you so much for the feedback on Milgard's interview process. Although in-person interviews are important, as you state there are times that it cannot happen. Milgard has many ways in which we... More

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

It was a 4 part interview. 1) Phone screening by HR. 2) Face to Face with HR. 3) Face to Face with the department director. 4) Face to Face with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position. Why would you be a good fit?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you so much for this great feedback! We are happy to hear your experience was a positive one!

For clarity purposes, the Senior Credit Analyst interviews only required the candidate to visit... More

Production Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Tacoma, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

interview process took over a month, poor communication from the hiring manager, had to interview 4 separate times with different supervisors and managers due to conflicting schedules and had to be scheduled across multiple weeks.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have with lean manufacturing? what experience do you have with 5S   Answer Question

Feb 3, 2017 – HR Generalist

We truly appreciate your feedback on your interview process - that was definitely a lengthy process.

Since 2015, we have made many improvements to the recruitment process and continue to make... More

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The recruiter is one of the nicest lady I have ever met.She is so full of energy and eager to help. She worked hard to get me an interview for the positions that i was interested in. My current supervisor conducted the interview and ,now that i know him better, i can say he is someone who earns his respect.

Interview Questions

Milgard Manufacturing Response

Nov 14, 2016 – HR Generalist

What wonderful feedback for our Sacramento team! We are happy to have you on board and that the recruitment process was such a positive experience for you!

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milgard Manufacturing (Simi Valley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter and after a brief talk, she set up an in-person interview with her. She had an emergency the day before and my interview was rescheduled with the HR Manager.
    The interview lasted about 1.5 hrs. He was polite, professional, friendly, and took notes occasionally. At the end of the interview, he said: "you might be able to get along with your prospective boss." Well, I'm experienced and intelligent enough to know that this meant I wasn't the right fit to work with him, although I wonder how he got to that conclusion.
    It is disappointing that he promised to get back to me the following week, yet he never did and even the recruiter who asked me to let her know how my interview went, didn't bother to respond to my email.

My conclusion:
    Before the interview, I researched the company's reputation and found on Yelp, that it's less than satisfactory. While it worried me a little, I pursued this job regardless because I saw an opportunity to help improve their online reputation. What I neglected to remember is this golden rule: if a company's online reputation is unsatisfactory (e.g. too many complaints of the same nature, and in this case, lack of communication and follow up with customers), their internal processes (including the hiring process, i.e. follow up with candidates), may reflect the very same problem. Just something to consider when applying to jobs.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you overcome a challenge?
      Give me an example when you turned a bad situation around?   Answer Question