Millennial Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Millennial Media Interview Questions

2.3

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

there were at least 8 rounds of interviews. first with the director in singapore, then with a few executives in the US, then with more people in Japan office. overall, it was a smooth and reasonable process for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a certain problem given the scenarios below?   Answer Question

Sales Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by pretty much the whole company and was going pretty well, as others would gasp and say they want me until my last interview was with someone who says she used to work from Google and was clearly acting too superior to me and asked me impossible questions not related to the job scope. Suddenly the tone of their boss changed when this girl talked to her. Too bad, I liked everyone else and the boss too.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to be of help in our Sales team?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a fair process. I was approached by the HR person, followed by phone screen by the hiring manager and then in person interviews with the team members. After that they were quick to give interview feedback and then waited for few weeks for other candidates to complete interview process. After that they offered me and I accepted.

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen asking about past summer experiences, general behavioral questions, and current technical skills.

Later face to face interview. Walked through general company problem of how to sift through petabytes of data in order to target mobile ads. Last 10 minutes on a quick Java problem.

Interview Questions

• What is one accomplishment you are very proud of?
      Why Millennial Media? What do we do?   Answer Question

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Very pleasant, everyone was kind. Gave a quick math test to start. Facilities were very nice. Talked one on one then two more groups of two. Not sure how you can really write 50 words in here so I'm just going to keep rambling a bit here. I hope this is 50 words now

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a problem in the past.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was smooth and organized. Sometimes there were moments of long time without replies but they eventually got back to me and everything was figured out. The interview process went by quickly, after visiting their office in Boston and having a video call with the software engineers at Baltimore, they got back to me at the end of the day and had a job offer all ready for me. Overall a very pleasant experience!

Interview Questions

• Given a list of integers how would you implement an efficient method to figure if there are duplicates?   2 Answers

Operations Engineering Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Millennial Media.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their VP of Operations Engineering. I then went in for in-person interviews with 5 people (2 in a remote office via video chat). Fairly standard questions - some technical questions to judge my skill level; some hypothetical questions about how I might change processes; behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were fairly standard, but one interviewer (male) asked me (female) if I had done any "real" programming. My resume had scripting languages listed (Javascript, Python, Perl, etc), and this was not a programming position.   Answer Question

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in January 2012.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Initial phone screen with HR, second phone screen with the hiring manager, and an all day in person interview. Overall, the interview was fun but I really don't think it gauged my capability as a candidate. I talked with my boss^3 during the interview which was nice but she was a little strange and we just wandered around the office.

Interview Questions

• [In person quiz] Spot the difference between these two URL's?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a HR person then a week later went in for an in-person interview with 3 people. Everyone was very nice and asked challenging but not too difficult questions. Unfortunately I was never contacted by HR to inform me that I didn't receive the job, which I thought was unprofessional.

Vice President Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Millennial Media (Baltimore, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

I was an employee referral and was supposed to meet someone from the top management. I waited at the reception for almost two hours but no one showed up. At first the receptionist told me that she didn't know the lady I was supposed to meet and therefore was having difficulty in locating her. After sometime she told me that the lady was in a meeting and that there was a message from her asking me to wait.

After two hours, a lady from some other department came looking for me just as I was about to leave. This lady informed me that the lady from the top management was on leave and that I should meet her instead. I had travelled from far and didn't want to make multiple trips to Baltimore that's why I agreed to talk to her.

All she kept telling me was what my job responsibilities will be and how happy the company was to have me on board. She asked me to check my email for the letter of appointment that would come from the HR. I waited but no one got back to me. I followed up with this lady I met, however, she never replied to me emails.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. I was told about the job responsibilities.   Answer Question