Million Dollar Baby Co. Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Million Dollar Baby Co. Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Million Dollar Baby Co.

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Pico Rivera, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

OMG if you apply here and get a call you will probably be speaking and meeting Moira. She is AMAZING! Honestly, in my 13 years in the work field, I've never met someone who was so dedicated to building a true and transparent relationship with a candidate. Get this.... I sent my application to the general posting because I heard great things about this company and honestly, I just wanted to land a position here. It took about 3 weeks to get a call from Moira to discuss a role as an Account Manager. I was SOOOO excited to meet with the team. When I got to the location it was exactly how I imagined (friendly people, open space, start-up vibe environment and cute dogs on-site). The interview was casual, dynamic and some questions got me thinking about my career and the moves I needed to do to grow.... it was a good and lengthy interview. A couple of days after, I got a call from Moira and we had a chat about the interview where she told me that unfortunately I wasn't a fit for the Account Manager role and mentioned that although she was interested in my background, my background didn’t quite fit specifics of this role...she said she would keep in touch for future openings that may match my background better…I was bummed and honestly, I thought that was just a courtesy call (didn't think much of it). A couple of months later, Moira reached back out to me with a new opening (she clarified that it wasn’t my exact background but she saw some creative things in me that made her want to reach back out) I was so excited to go back in to learn about this new job and meet with the new hiring panel. The interview experience once again was great and although this role was a great opportunity, I re-aligned my career path and decided to stay within E-commerce sales. Unfortunately, this new role wasn’t a position I saw myself in, I felt the need to communicate with Moira who was very accepting of my decision and promised to reach out should an E-commerce role open in the future. The point of this review is not to talk how I got or didn’t get the job, the point of my feedback is to let everyone know the quality of professionals you’ll encounter during your interview process at Million Dollar Baby Co. That’s what still sparks my desire to work for this company (just waiting for the right role and the right time to make the move) trusting that as they promised, I will be kept I mind for future opportunities. Thank you, Million Dollar Baby!

Interview Questions

• Why Million Dollar Baby? What is your favorite brand and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Million Dollar Baby Co.

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is super lengthy. The pro is that they are very thorough in who they want to hire. It requires a phone interview, 2-3 in-person group interviews, and a power point presentation. During this entire process, you take multiple test (math, grammer, and personalities test). You need to pass each section before you more on to the next step. All of this is posted on their website. Although there are multiple personalities test, the results are quite interesting. You learn a lot about yourself from these tests.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. strengths, weakness, why you leaving your job. Why do you want to work here. What can you bring to the company. what you like to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered less than I proposed. But after negotiations, they increased it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. in June 2013.

Interview

I applied in person after an acquaintance mentioned that they were hiring. I dropped off my resume and got a call back about a week later to come in for the skill test. I honestly found this test quite interesting and fun. The test had some simple grammar questions and math (pre-algebra or algebra tops), but you can't use a calculator. About 3 days later they called me for an on the spot interview phone, which caught me by surprise because I was having a busy day so it was my fault for not rescheduling, but I performed poorly. I got a call back a day or two later saying that they were going to pursue other candidates unfortunately. Looking around in the office the environment seemed very comfortable yet everyone was buzzing away at their job and it made me feel like it was a place where I could look forward to working but it didn't work out that way.

Interview Questions

• Find out the price of a discounted item at x% off. Simple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA).

Interview

The process took at least 3 hours where I first sat in a room and I think took a basic math test. I then spoke to the HR, the VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, the CFO(?) and Director of Operations. They asked me about who I was, what I've done, why I've done what I've done, and more than the usual laundry list of questions that are asked in an interview. They also told me everything about themselves, the company, the owner, etc. They showed me their warehouse, the offices where the Customer Service Reps were stashed (it's a crammed space), and spoke about plans for expansion. Following my interview, HR reached out to my references and I was emailed a job offer.

Interview Questions

This is where I was hugely disappointed and modestly irritated. I was asked to submit my resume with my salary requirement prior to the interview being set up. I'd also filled out the online application as well as one in person when I arrived for the interview that also provided spaces for salary requirement. How then when I am offered the position immediately following my interview, I am given an offer that is WELL BELOW what I'd listed, and when I countered back, the HR laughs at the number and says she'll TRY and talk to the VP. That to me, was disingenuous and a waste of EVERYONE'S time.