Million Dollar Baby Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Million Dollar Baby Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Million Dollar Baby Co.

3.2

Sort:

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

I was initially contacted to set up a phone interview a few days after submitting my application. The first appointment was a no show followed by an email apologizing and rescheduling. I was a bit frustrated since I had worked my schedule around to take the call. When we did speak on the phone, the recruiter seemed a bit frustrated, bordering on rude. They didn't want to learn about my past experience or positions, they simply wanted me to explain what I did at my current job. My role is very fluid since I work at a start-up company and they became frustrated when I couldn't define my role to a single title. They let me know that they didn't think I was a fit for the position but seemed like a fit for the Marketing Associate role. They asked that I read over the position description and let them know if I'm interested so we can schedule an in-person interview. Later that day I emailed the recruiter letting them know I was interested. No reply. I followed up a week or so later. Within a few minutes of my follow up message, I received an automated message saying they had moved on with other candidates. I just found the whole process very unprofessional and without a positive view of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Million Dollar Baby Co. Response

Mar 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you so much for providing your insights as we cultivate a strong feedback culture within our offices at MDB. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a top-notch candidate experience during... More

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

Initial Phone Call. They asked your basic questions and then went over what the timeline for hiring looks like. They said they'd follow up. They never did. Previous Glassdoor reviews prepared me for that.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

three rounds interview including phone interview, onsite interview with HR and onsite interview with management level. It's not a hard process and people are nice. However the process of the interview is long. From the first phone interview to the last onsite interview, it took over a month.

Interview Questions

• quite normal ones including your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

I had 2 steps of the interfiew. First, I had phone interview. It took around 10-15 min.
    Second step was actual interview with Managers. Basic questions about yourself, couple of the behaviorial questions.

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is super lengthy. The pro is that they are very thorough in who they want to hire. It requires a phone interview, 2-3 in-person group interviews, and a power point presentation. During this entire process, you take multiple test (math, grammer, and personalities test). You need to pass each section before you more on to the next step. All of this is posted on their website. Although there are multiple personalities test, the results are quite interesting. You learn a lot about yourself from these tests.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. strengths, weakness, why you leaving your job. Why do you want to work here. What can you bring to the company. what you like to do outside of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered less than I proposed. But after negotiations, they increased it.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. in June 2013.

Interview

I applied in person after an acquaintance mentioned that they were hiring. I dropped off my resume and got a call back about a week later to come in for the skill test. I honestly found this test quite interesting and fun. The test had some simple grammar questions and math (pre-algebra or algebra tops), but you can't use a calculator. About 3 days later they called me for an on the spot interview phone, which caught me by surprise because I was having a busy day so it was my fault for not rescheduling, but I performed poorly. I got a call back a day or two later saying that they were going to pursue other candidates unfortunately. Looking around in the office the environment seemed very comfortable yet everyone was buzzing away at their job and it made me feel like it was a place where I could look forward to working but it didn't work out that way.

Interview Questions

• Find out the price of a discounted item at x% off. Simple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA).

Interview

The process took at least 3 hours where I first sat in a room and I think took a basic math test. I then spoke to the HR, the VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, the CFO(?) and Director of Operations. They asked me about who I was, what I've done, why I've done what I've done, and more than the usual laundry list of questions that are asked in an interview. They also told me everything about themselves, the company, the owner, etc. They showed me their warehouse, the offices where the Customer Service Reps were stashed (it's a crammed space), and spoke about plans for expansion. Following my interview, HR reached out to my references and I was emailed a job offer.

Interview Questions

This is where I was hugely disappointed and modestly irritated. I was asked to submit my resume with my salary requirement prior to the interview being set up. I'd also filled out the online application as well as one in person when I arrived for the interview that also provided spaces for salary requirement. How then when I am offered the position immediately following my interview, I am given an offer that is WELL BELOW what I'd listed, and when I countered back, the HR laughs at the number and says she'll TRY and talk to the VP. That to me, was disingenuous and a waste of EVERYONE'S time.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then a computer skill test. Finally a In-person interview. talked with several people within the design team and the creative manager. introduced myself. went over my resume. asked a few questions about my previous experience. took a personality test and IQ test after interview.

Interview Questions

• what the most precious thing you learnt from your internship.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

A very long and thorough process. Phone interview, 1st face to face interview, Skills Assessment Tests, 2nd face to face interview, Work interview and final power point presentation interview. I appreciate this thorough process because it gives me more opportunities to better understand the company, the people and the company culture. All interviewers were very nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard and I was well prepared. As long as you have done your research and homework, you will do fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. I put down what I desired on my job application and voiced it during our very first interview. They offered what I requested.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamitos, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Los Alamitos, CA).

Interview

The process is a bit too long. 3 to 4 interviews. Be sure to know about the company and their different brands, they will ask you! One of the interviews may be a working interview.
    A lot of questions are also asked both Math. personality test and analytical thinking questions.

This is honestly all a bit much for this job and the pay it is offering, aprox $15 hour.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions asked. Pretty basic questions. Just, be ready to talk about the different brands they offer and which one you like best.   Answer Question