Million Dollar Baby Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Million Dollar Baby Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Million Dollar Baby Co.

3.2

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

There were three steps to the interview process. First I had a telephone interview, then a meeting with the VP of HR and talent acquisition person Moira. They were both very nice. I thought that the interview went well and received an invitation to come back for a second interview. The next interview was with Julia and Teddy, the CEO of the company. Teddy was very nice and asked questions that seemed to want to gauge who I was personally.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? How do you handle stress? How do you stay on track?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Pico Rivera, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

OMG if you apply here and get a call you will probably be speaking and meeting Moira. She is AMAZING! Honestly, in my 13 years in the work field, I've never met someone who was so dedicated to building a true and transparent relationship with a candidate. Get this.... I sent my application to the general posting because I heard great things about this company and honestly, I just wanted to land a position here. It took about 3 weeks to get a call from Moira to discuss a role as an Account Manager. I was SOOOO excited to meet with the team. When I got to the location it was exactly how I imagined (friendly people, open space, start-up vibe environment and cute dogs on-site). The interview was casual, dynamic and some questions got me thinking about my career and the moves I needed to do to grow.... it was a good and lengthy interview. A couple of days after, I got a call from Moira and we had a chat about the interview where she told me that unfortunately I wasn't a fit for the Account Manager role and mentioned that although she was interested in my background, my background didn’t quite fit specifics of this role...she said she would keep in touch for future openings that may match my background better…I was bummed and honestly, I thought that was just a courtesy call (didn't think much of it). A couple of months later, Moira reached back out to me with a new opening (she clarified that it wasn’t my exact background but she saw some creative things in me that made her want to reach back out) I was so excited to go back in to learn about this new job and meet with the new hiring panel. The interview experience once again was great and although this role was a great opportunity, I re-aligned my career path and decided to stay within E-commerce sales. Unfortunately, this new role wasn’t a position I saw myself in, I felt the need to communicate with Moira who was very accepting of my decision and promised to reach out should an E-commerce role open in the future. The point of this review is not to talk how I got or didn’t get the job, the point of my feedback is to let everyone know the quality of professionals you’ll encounter during your interview process at Million Dollar Baby Co. That’s what still sparks my desire to work for this company (just waiting for the right role and the right time to make the move) trusting that as they promised, I will be kept I mind for future opportunities. Thank you, Million Dollar Baby!

Interview Questions

• Why Million Dollar Baby? What is your favorite brand and why?   Answer Question

Talent Management Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

I was initially supposed to have a phone interview, but there were some technical difficulties. Although I tried leaving a voicemail and emailing to reschedule, I didn't get a response until a few days later when I heard that they were considering an internal candidate. After showing some persistence, I got a second chance at a phone interview which led to an in-person interview the next day. I met with 3 people from the talent management team who were all very nice. I thought the interview went well enough to get the second interview, but the next day, I was told I wasn't in consideration anymore.

Interview Questions

• Was there anything in the job description that didn't appeal to you?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Pico Rivera, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

For warning, the employers for this company were discriminative to people of color.

I applied for the position and received a response fairly quickly. My resume is superb with more than enough reason to be applicable for this position. As my qualifications did meet their standards, I was brought in for an interview.

My invitation to the interview felt positive until my face to face meet. Suddenly the day of the interview there was an abrupt shift in energy, in which I can’t comprehend, since they only had a first glance image of me and my appearance. I dressed business casual and arrived 15 minutes prior to my interview.

During the interview process, I was not properly greeted by all interviewers, 2/3 of the interviewers resisted to shake my hand, then persisted to ask me questions I could only answer if I was trained within the position. The interviewers chose to question me so that I may fail. I didn’t not receive the position not because of my experience but for the prejudgement they set upon me.

Interview Questions

• If you receive an invoice, how do you know if the invoice is valid to complete payment?   1 Answer

Million Dollar Baby Co. Response

Aug 26, 2019 – VP - Talent Management

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We at MDB Co. are proud of our thorough multi-stage interview process. Our team members are experienced interviewers and have been doing an excellent job of asking the same questions consistently throughout every stage of the interview process. It’s our goal that every person has a positive experience interviewing for the company even when the fit might not be there. We wish you the best at your job search.
    MDB Co. Talent Management Team

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pico Rivera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Pico Rivera, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen= about 30 minutes. Maira is the HR manager who called me about 2 days after I applied for the position. She was friendly, informative and helped me get comfortable with her and be able to speak my mind and where I saw my career going. She took the time to check at my history (as I had applied for a position before).

First round interview= 3 people were the interviewers, it was a little intimidating but they were all friendly. I was able to learn about the team's way of doing things and how the team was structure. I was asked if I wanted something to drink (nice touch) and walked out after my interview.

Final interview = Met with the CEO and a few executives who were friendly. They had great questions and were curious to learn about my background, they seemed interested. The CEO is hard to read, but overall seems like a nice person.

After interviews= I got a decline email 2 days after my interview, they didnt say why. Maira also gave me a call to let me know that she would like to keep open communication which was really nice.

Overall= I wish I got a job here. I think when candidates get to the second interview and don't get hired we should know why. Overall, I am happy I was at least able to meet everyone and I think I left a good impression on them.

Systems Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co. (Montebello, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

There are 3 interview phases I had, first with HR then followed by the team you will be working with then with the Leaders. The second interview might be the longest among the 3 phases cause they are asking about your knowledge and experiences.

Interview Questions

• What would you improve on the company? (Something like this)   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

I had 2 steps of the interfiew. First, I had phone interview. It took around 10-15 min.
    Second step was actual interview with Managers. Basic questions about yourself, couple of the behaviorial questions.

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

Initial Phone Call. They asked your basic questions and then went over what the timeline for hiring looks like. They said they'd follow up. They never did. Previous Glassdoor reviews prepared me for that.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

This wasn't a question that they asked me, but I asked the woman who called me a few questions that she, embarrassingly, was NOT able to answer about the company she was representing.

The company website stresses the importance of giving back to the community, volunteering, and philanthropy, but when I asked which community partnership / philanthropic event meant the most to the HR person she responded that she "doesn't really take an active role in that." Poor response.

I then asked to clarify the founding date of Babyletto. The Babyletto website says they're founded in 2010; however, the MBD Family "History" page on their website says it was "Born in 2006." So which is it? When I asked the HR woman to clarify she could not answer the question. Knowing when the companies you represent are founded is pretty important.

I hung up the phone thinking that the HR representative had a worse interview than I did, and I did not want to work for a company where their own staff was unable to answer basic questions. I did not followup.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Million Dollar Baby Co..

Interview

I was initially contacted to set up a phone interview a few days after submitting my application. The first appointment was a no show followed by an email apologizing and rescheduling. I was a bit frustrated since I had worked my schedule around to take the call. When we did speak on the phone, the recruiter seemed a bit frustrated, bordering on rude. They didn't want to learn about my past experience or positions, they simply wanted me to explain what I did at my current job. My role is very fluid since I work at a start-up company and they became frustrated when I couldn't define my role to a single title. They let me know that they didn't think I was a fit for the position but seemed like a fit for the Marketing Associate role. They asked that I read over the position description and let them know if I'm interested so we can schedule an in-person interview. Later that day I emailed the recruiter letting them know I was interested. No reply. I followed up a week or so later. Within a few minutes of my follow up message, I received an automated message saying they had moved on with other candidates. I just found the whole process very unprofessional and without a positive view of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current position and responsibilities?   Answer Question

Million Dollar Baby Co. Response

Mar 21, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you so much for providing your insights as we cultivate a strong feedback culture within our offices at MDB. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a top-notch candidate experience during our phone interview and will make the effort to address your concerns with regards to scheduling and timeliness. The main objective for our phone interviews is not necessarily to gain a sense of what you did in your past, but rather to capture an essence for who you are now (as you may have grown into a different person since working at your past employers) to see what growth opportunities that we offer would be ideal for you. Understanding the "current you" also serves as a way for us to gauge what type of company culture you thrive best in and whether or not we can be that destination employer for you. Thank you again for your feedback!