Mills College English Composition and Rhetoric Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

English Composition and Rhetoric Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mills College (Oakland, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

In fact, the position did not require a formal interview. I'd had a TA position the year before, and prior teaching experience that was all listed on my resume, and I provided more detailed information about my experiences and goals regarding teaching. The MFA program is pretty small, and I'm sure the faculty and staff members either knew me firsthand or by reputation. Fewer first year students receive TA positions than second year students, but I received a position both years, first for the Place for Writers, then for the Composition and Rhetoric TA position.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your interest in teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only element of the position that is negotiable is the times and days you work, and the second semester placement in either the Writing Center or for a second semester in the classroom as a TA--which there are only a couple spots for.