Mills Fleet Farm Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Associate

Create your profile to get personalized information

Mills Fleet Farm Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Mills Fleet Farm

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled application out online Was called 2 days later for an interview. Did a minor phone interview then set a face to face. This was the next day. Interviewed with management and offered a position. Following week went in for orientation

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply for this position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mills Fleet Farm

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm (Blaine, MN).

Interview

Very laid back, straight forward interview process. No hard questions. The manager was very friendly and made the environment comfortable. The interview began with basic questions about prior job experience, and then asked questions about how I personally handled (or would handle) different scenarios in the work place. These scenarios included improving sales, dealing with shop lifters, dealing with poor coworkers, and irate customers.

Interview Questions

• How would you help generate additional revenue for the company?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a customer shop-lifting?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, one manager and a department head interviewed me at the same time. Very easy going and laid back. The questions were the standard "What are your strengths" and things like that. About a half hour for the whole interview. Remember to dress to impress if you actually care to get the job!

Anonymous Employee in Fergus Falls, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm (Fergus Falls, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Required to fill out a few forms. They checked all listed references before setting up a first interview. A second interview took place a couple weeks later, which included a job offer. Orientation (1.5 days) was scheduled the following week, and started working shortly thereafter. Whole process took at least 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Very structured, as interviewer read verbatim the questions from a form, then wrote my responses on the form. Pretty typical interview stuff; no big surprises.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm (Brooklyn Park, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week later to arrange a one-on-one interview with a manager, about a week after that.

It was a pretty stress-free interview. Took about 30 minutes. The manager had a list of questions he read off a paper: Why I wanted to work at Fleet Farm, what do you expect from an employee, is there any reason that it's ok to be late for work... The questions are pretty easy. I was never asked about how I would deal with a difficult customer, like they do for other retail jobs.

I was also given 3 or 4 stapled sheets of paper with a list of responsibilities the job would entail - helping customers, keeping shelves stocked, keeping whatever section I was working in clean, learning to drive a forklift, etc. Simple enough tasks.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the job because I didn't have any references outside of my family (this would have been my first job).

Interview Questions

• The hardest question for me was to recall a time where I failed at something and how I dealt with it. The way it was worded made it sound as if the "failure" I needed to recall was something major. I'm not a risk taker so I didn't really have an answer for it. Thankfully, the interviewer said it was ok if I didn't have an answer for some of the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm (Appleton, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

I filled out a paper application, and had a face to face interview with associate manager. After the interview I had to take a paper skills assessment. The entire process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service to you?
      What is your greatest weakness?
      How did you handle a coworker when you did not agree with one another?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mills Fleet Farm in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was mainly conversational, plus a background check. It was difficult to get in contact with them after the interview and begin actually working. The interview was very thorough and was an overall positive experience.

After the Interview:The interviewer turned out also to be the manager that would be giving me my 30 and 60 day reviews. It was nice that the process came full circle, so they can see that you were a good choice on their part. Additional training also took place afterwards during the first month of employment. Topics included safety, protocols, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Experience and what you can offer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate by .75/hr. During the interview it appeared as though it was unsuccessful, but the hiring manager did consider my input and when I was offered a position offered me a compromise.