Mindshare Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mindshare Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare.

Interview

I was recommended by a friend at Mindshare so that definitely helped in getting an interview. There was a phone screening after this and than an in-person interview not long after. It took a few weeks to hear back about the job since the background check takes a while

Interview Questions

• I was asked to come up with a strategy for a media plan on the spot. Pretty much told the clients main struggles and their audience and then was asked what type of partners I'd recommend and why.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mindshare

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It started with a brief phone phone interview/discussion to talk about the role. It was then followed by an in-person interview. After the interview, I kept in contact via e-mail with recruiter. They reached out to me with offer..

Had another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Mindshare Chicago in May 2016. I first connected with them in January, when I was in my final semester of school. I first had a phone call with a recruiter. A few weeks later, I went in to visit the office. A month or so after that, I spent the morning rotating amongst 3 employees, shadowing them to experience different departments. A month or so after that, I finally had an in-office interview with two different people. The first interview was really more of a conversation about the employee's experience at Mindshare and what I wanted out of the job. The second was a very formal interview, asking about my experience, how I operate within a team, my strengths and weaknesses, etc. Overall, I was very pleased and flattered by how generous they were with visits and staying in consistent contact over the 5 months. My only complaint was I was passed onto a different recruiter with each visit, which made it confusing and difficult to build a real connection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you've made and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This place is a mess. I originally applied online in June and received a voicemail asking me to come in for a group interview in July. I call back 15 minutes later, and they tell me they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day and will be in touch. When I don't hear back for a week or two, I contact them and the rep gives me a really awkward response as to why the interview won't be happening after all.

Fast forward to December... I haven't heard from or applied to any new positions at Mindshare in 6 months when I receive an e-mail about another group interview session. I respond immediately that I'm available, and almost immediately receive another e-mail saying they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day, and would be in touch after the new year. The first couple weeks of January come and go, I don't hear anything, so I reach out again and I'm met with radio silence.

Seeing as I never actually got a chance to interview, I can't comment on the difficulty of questions or quality of interviewers, but the fact that they fed me the same "rescheduling" line twice was pretty frustrating and makes me question their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for an interview on X date?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY).

Interview

It was the longest and the worst interview I have ever had in my life, possibly more than 2 months. The HR person and mangers were I talked to were great, but I really wish it were less painful. It was really traumatizing to the point that I was glad to be rejected. I feel like I wasted so much time waiting and going through the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Really generic questions. Questions like: have you.. if you.. excel..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

4 person panel interview. Easy as long as you have some media experience. You interview win a room with 5 other candidates, which isn't to bad. The whole process takes 2 days to a week. Make sure to bring extra copies of your resume.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare in December 2014.

Interview

It's mostly behavior questions and they are trying to find out if you are a logical or creative person. It really depends on the interviewer. There's not much surprises as you go through your resume and see if the job description matches with skills. The process take 2 weeks as the recruiter phone screen you and then set up an appointment for you to meet with the hiring managers. You will be interviewed by various companies and various employers from 1 to 1 meeting or a group of 3 hiring managers. It sounds frightening but it is easy and they don't really grill you into it as it's only entry level, but do be prepare and you will have some great interviews with others and apathetic interviews with others.

Interview Questions

• What is your hobby?
      What is the last book you read?
      Is there a time you suggest an idea or recommendation to higher manager to improve a current situation?
      Do you have any questions for me? - Always have questions for them on the job and what they like in a candidate
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Brought in and interviewed by team. Everyone was nice. I met all of the current team members and spoke individually with the senior manager and associate director. I was originally found on Linkedin and the process continued from that point. It was a good overall experience and I would recommend Minshare to anyone starting out in Media.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Normal. I just accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was super simple - you meet with four people who are all fun and interesting. they rotate from one table to the next and others are also interviewing all in the same room but you are far enough away it isn't weird

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to work with a group - what went wrong?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was like a speed-dating session, for 3 hours. Each interviewer had a different set of questions to ask us, and we were all in one of the lunch rooms on the lobby floor and interviewers would rotate around us. It took a couple months to hear back that I was being offered for a job. I had to decide between two different accounts, without being presented information on what either would be like. I also was not offered to meet with either account to meet with them 1:1, which I think would have made for a happier transition for everyone in the long run.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have worked on in the past six months and why? How did you tackle the issue at hand?   Answer Question