Mindshare Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informal interview process. Recruiter reached out, phone call and then went to the office to meet the team. The interview was merely a conversation in general about my work past and some about the structure of the team. The interviewers did not seem to have set questions but rather just came in with a copy of my resume. They were all easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

At the end of the day, the role was good and the pay was competitive. I wanted to move my career in a different direction than pure agency. As a side note, their benefits were not very good.

Databytes (Data Analytics) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I originally applied late Feb and got an email in April regarding a phone interview

To my surprise, the email disclosed that I was considered a finalist for the summer internship program based off my resume and that they wanted phone interview which I scheduled 2 days later after communicating via email with the hiring manager. The phone interview itself was very casual as the hiring manager asked me simply why I wanted to intern at Mindshare and from there it became a relaxed conversation. After conversing for about 20 - 30 mins about the program and the company, I was given an offer which I accepted.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was standard. I met with a good number of people. It took very long to hear back from the company. At first, the HR person didn't seem clear on the position she was interviewing me for. They seemed a little disorganized. It would have been helpful, too, to know which client I was being considered for.

Associate, Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I did a preliminary phone interview after submitting my resume. It was relatively laid back and more about where I would fit into the organization based on the information in my resume. My interviewer was friendly and informative. I have nothing bad to say about the process or the individual who interviewed me. After informing them of what I was seeking in terms of salary, they were upfront with how much they would be willing to pay me. Ultimately, nothing came from the interview because they could not meet my salary demands.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Mindshare Chicago in May 2016. I first connected with them in January, when I was in my final semester of school. I first had a phone call with a recruiter. A few weeks later, I went in to visit the office. A month or so after that, I spent the morning rotating amongst 3 employees, shadowing them to experience different departments. A month or so after that, I finally had an in-office interview with two different people. The first interview was really more of a conversation about the employee's experience at Mindshare and what I wanted out of the job. The second was a very formal interview, asking about my experience, how I operate within a team, my strengths and weaknesses, etc. Overall, I was very pleased and flattered by how generous they were with visits and staying in consistent contact over the 5 months. My only complaint was I was passed onto a different recruiter with each visit, which made it confusing and difficult to build a real connection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake you've made and what you learned from it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This place is a mess. I originally applied online in June and received a voicemail asking me to come in for a group interview in July. I call back 15 minutes later, and they tell me they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day and will be in touch. When I don't hear back for a week or two, I contact them and the rep gives me a really awkward response as to why the interview won't be happening after all.

Fast forward to December... I haven't heard from or applied to any new positions at Mindshare in 6 months when I receive an e-mail about another group interview session. I respond immediately that I'm available, and almost immediately receive another e-mail saying they're rescheduling the interview session for a different day, and would be in touch after the new year. The first couple weeks of January come and go, I don't hear anything, so I reach out again and I'm met with radio silence.

Seeing as I never actually got a chance to interview, I can't comment on the difficulty of questions or quality of interviewers, but the fact that they fed me the same "rescheduling" line twice was pretty frustrating and makes me question their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for an interview on X date?   1 Answer

Data Bytes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called once on the phone for a Skype interview with someone from the New York office. I answered a few behavioral interview questions as well as "Why are you interested in Media?" and "Why do you want to work for Mindshare?"

Associate Panel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Kind of like speed dating for a job interview. You are put in a room and four different employees will come in to ask questions. Each person is assigned to ask different questions given to them from HR. Some ask about self, agency, and some other things. Mostly behavioral based. Every person made it a very laid back environment rather than intense. Felt like I was having conversations.

Interview Questions

• If you could learn about something that you haven't learned already, what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screening with HR that lasted an hour followed by in person interview with team you would potentially work on.

Interview Questions

• If you were a brand, how would you market yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mindshare (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Interviewed several different times with multiple teams. Interview process involves face to face with multiple employees. Conversations are directed to indicate past behavior. Process felt aimed to get a personal connection with team members, but a heavy emphasis was placed on situational behavior. The process works to learn about a candidate very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had two projects due at once, how did you handle different deadlines   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get offer, accept offer.