Mindspark Interactive Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mindspark Interactive Network

Visual/UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network.

Interview

I had two phone calls, initially with the internal recruiting representative and then with my potential boss. Both went well and I was asked to work on a design assignment. I was given requirements and I had about a week to finish the assignment. After I returned the assignment, they asked me to come in for an onsite interview.

The in-person interviews went really well. Their space was really great and everyone I met liked the work I did. I felt very sure about receiving an offer - positive vibes all around. The next week I received a call and they told me that they went with someone else. I didn't really receive any immediate feedback, but I was surprised to hear they didn't want to make an offer. I found out later that the person they went with made many designs instead of focusing on refining one. The one thing that I thought was strange was their entire process for making landing pages and applications - it's based on keyword research and not on actual need, so many of the concepts they have are useless. Their philosophy is to throw a ton of stuff out there and see what sticks.

Overall I'm glad I didn't get the position. I wouldn't have liked the commute and the work itself seems rather trite.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a mess. They don't know what they are doing there. The person didn't get to know me and instead spent the entire time selling me the job. Poor skills. Poor management.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network.

Interview

I had two phone interviews then I was invited onsite to interview in Yonkers, New York. The scheduling was done very well. I was informed in every step of the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

3 seperate phone interview. First phone interview was with HR and was very simple. The second phone interview was very technical. The third one was technical as well. Phone interviews are interesting because it is hard to test your coding skills. The only advice I could give is to go over all of the basics.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (Yonkers, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process seemed quick and informative -- at first.

I had a phone screen on March 11 with a recruiter and then with the person who would my boss on March 12. I was then given a writing test, in which I wrote a basic social media strategy for some of Mindspark's more popular sites and apps, and also wrote sample social media posts.

I went to Yonkers (the job was based in NYC) for an in-person interview on March 18. I met with the two people I had spoken to on the phone plus two other people from relevant departments. This was to be a new position and the opportunity seemed very exciting. I was told I would be notified of next steps "within the next few days."

That was the last contact I ever had with Mindspark. I wrote brief, polite follow-ups every few weeks and received only silence. Finally, I saw that the position had been re-listed, which confirmed that I didn't get the job. I wrote to the recruiter -- who had spoken to be on the phone and in person -- for feedback on my interview. No response.

I find it very frustrating, discourteous, and frankly hurtful that none of the four people I met with took the time to ever contact me again after my interviews. I also wonder if Mindspark is using the social media strategy and content I created for them for free.

The entire experience, which started out great, turned absolutely terrible. I would seriously consider this candidate experience before ever accepting any job at any of Mindspark's brands, and would warn others of the lack of care and courtesy shown by multiple people at multiple levels in multiple departments.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to submit a social media strategy and sample posts for several of Mindspark's brands. I have no idea what happened to that information after my six interviews, as no one at the company ever contacted me again, despite being told I would hear information -- good or bad -- "in the next few days."   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (Yonkers, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview was straight forward, had an interview on the phone and then in person.   1 Answer

Data Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (Yonkers, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website and got a phone interview. The first one was from an hr, and the second one was from a senior analyst. Plus some open questions and a analysis question

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network in April 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with an HR representative who was very nice and engaging just to gather information about my current situation and reason for my interest in applying for the position.

A second phone interview was held with the software Engineering Director. Some basic java questions just to feel out my qualifications. Was a very motivated and engaging individual.

The third interview was in the beautiful IAC building in NY. I met with two project managers who seemed very talented and capable. They wanted to get a feel for what it was like to work with me and how I would solve or at least plan on solving certain problems. Then I met again in person with the Software Engineering Director and he focused all his questions on Android material. Mostly questions related to specific Android Tools rather than algorithm solving and particular solutions. I was a little taken aback since the specific tools are not necessarily required to develop applications in Android and you could conceivably develop applications without them. He also used a lot of acronyms which I was not familiar with. Overall the process and the people were very pleasant and it seems like a promising gig.

Interview Questions

• The question that was most puzzling was not because it was difficult but it seemed very subjective and I perhaps thought about it much deeper than necessary. "How many items do you have in a control before it's time to decompose them?"   1 Answer

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindspark Interactive Network (White Plains, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position through one of the career websites. There were 3 rounds in the interview process. 15 minute HR interview on the phone, a 30 minute programming test that was sent to me by email followed by a technical interview with a manager. The entire process took about a week and my offer was sent to me by email. I was given 1 week to accept or reject this offer.

Interview Questions

• I was given a snippet of Javascript code and asked to modify it to get desired output.   Answer Question