Mindspeed Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mindspeed Interview Questions

Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

All day with a variety of individuals related to the position, including Managers, Directors, CTO and CEO. A couple of the persons were remote and were conducted over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to knowledge of semiconductor design and manufacturing. Others were on how I run meetings and my past experience.   Answer Question

Analog and Mixed Signal Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindspeed in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me regarding this opportunity and within 1 day the phone interview was setup and he asked me questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is a current mirror and what are the difficulties while designing it?   Answer Question

Product Applications Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewing entire day with multiple people. Some are engaged in interview process. Some are not. Need to make sure you get business cards because if you don't, you won't know who the heck you interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Make a thesis type presentation on a problem you solved. What/how/when/where/results.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

one phone, and one on site interview. hiring manager called me after I talked to one of the engineers are school. then he did a phone interview and then, I went for onsite interview

Electronic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Irvine, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

1 by 1 interview for 4,5 ppl. need writing test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

give me the offer ,then accepted

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindspeed (San Diego, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

initial phone interview was about the content of resume, introductions etc

1:1 was based on basics.
    Was given a TIA to solve.

Interview Questions

• what is the impact of capacitnace at input of TIA on bandwidth   1 Answer
    • what is the o/p of a LPF followed by a HPF   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

HR contacted me after a internal referral
    1 telephonic screening by the director
    3 rounds of personal interviews
    The first one focussed on verification skills and in depth knowledge of recent project
    The 2nd one focussed on system level skills.
    Third one was more of problem solving and scoping of technical knowledge across the range.
    SoC knowledge is a minimum requirement along with advanced verification experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much. was happy with what was offered

Design Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindspeed.

Interview

Rectruitment Agency contact
    HR contact
    Phone Interview
    Technical Interview by the Project Lead followed by the Business Unit Director

Interview Questions

• In system verilog, how will you randomize without the randomize method call?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Comfortable

Analog Design Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindspeed in June 2010.

1. current source
    2. Op-amp
    3. cascode amp

Interview Questions

• cascode amplifier with ideal current source connected at the source and resistor connected at the drain

what is the gain ?
      1 Answer
    • a Op-amp, ask the frequency pole, and how to improve the imbalance, where is the most important pole.   Answer Question
    • a current mirror circuit, ask me that output voltage range   Answer Question