Mindtree Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.8

Senior Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindtree (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview to basically schedule an on-site interview with the vendor company (Intel corp). The recruiter didn't know anything in detail about the work I would be performing, only that I was qualified to do the work. After I had a successful on-site interview Mindtree told me to simply show up at Intel. They didn't provide me communication to an on-site manager and they didn't even have me fill out my W-2 forms prior to showing up on my first day of work.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was willing to commute through heavy traffic   1 Answer

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

One round and second round taken by Client. Most question are asked on the core Java, webservice, exception handling and leading a team and working of offshore. Working with offshore is the major problem you don't get right candidates. In bangalore.

Interview Questions

• it depends what client want and what is the requirement   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

The recruiter called in for my profile on one of the job boards. He was very nice and discussed what salary they can offer and asked for a time slot. A skype interview was scheduled.

The interviewer was the most unprofessional person on earth. I was answering all his questions from asp.net, c#, wcf to an extent that he asked me a question "are you looking at some website and answering my questions? ". I got mad at him and shouted I am talking to you on Skype and both my hands are in front of you. How can I browse for your questions? I am hanging up. He said sorry and continued the interview. I answered most of his questions.

Later I received a feedback (after following up) that the interviewer had given feedback that I was trying to indulge on unfair practices and they will not go ahead with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking at the Internet and answering my questions?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mindtree in November 2014.

Interview

it started with a written test. the process was very slow. after attending a round candidates had to wait for around 1 to 2 weeks to get call for the next round.

Interview

Plan for all Data structures and algorithms.
    There will be 4 rounds of interview
    first round will be simple white board question with few lines of code
    second round will be extension or implementation of a Data structure.
    They will also test for few Test cases and may be a design related question

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the system is crashed while testing an application   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

There was a 2 hour exam testing your skills with C#, Java, and programming in general. Then there was a technical interview with someone at Mindtree. In that interview they ask you a few technical questions and try to learn who you are and how much exposure you have had.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an interface and a abstract class?   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mindtree (Warren, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

phone interview first, then face to face with human resources. Phone interview with several people and was able to discuss job opportunities with human resource department and recruiter. Was given the offer letter and signed it

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

5 levels of interview, including 2HR.

Interview Questions

• Mindtree will not confirm the joining date and would actually wait for the opportunity to come to Mindtree. This was most difficult part. Overall the questions asked were okay and nothign was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 stage, when the HR offerred based on my experience and skill

SQA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screen interview

Interview Questions

• Explain - Bug Life Cycle
      The bug should go through the life cycle to be closed. Here are the stages:
      - bug found
      - bug reported
      - bug assigned to developer
      - bug fixed by developer
      - fix verified by tester
      - bug closed

Difference between Priority & Severity
      “Priority” is associated with scheduling, and “severity” is associated with standards.
      “Priority” means something is afforded or deserves prior attention; a precedence
      established by order of importance (or urgency). “Severity” is the state or quality of
      being severe; severe implies adherence to rigorous standards or high principles and
      often suggests harshness; severe is marked by or requires strict adherence to
      rigorous standards or high principles, e.g. a severe code of behavior. The words
      priority and severity do come up in bug tracking. A variety of commercial, problemtracking/
      management software tools are available. These tools, with the detailed
      input of software test engineers, give the team complete information so developers
      can understand the bug, get an idea of its ‘severity’, reproduce it and fix it. The fixes
      are based on project ‘priorities’ and ‘severity’ of bugs. The ‘severity’ of a problem is
      defined in accordance to the customer’s risk assessment and recorded in their
      selected tracking tool. A buggy software can ‘severely’ affect schedules, which, in
      turn can lead to a reassessment and renegotiation of ‘priorities’.   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Tampa, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Testing Manager. It took 30 minutes and the interviewer was thorough. They were staffing a delivery center and were looking for Software Testers.