Mindtree Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mindtree Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mindtree (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through Jconnect consultant for bangalore location, interview held in chennai Mindtree office. there were total 3 rounds
1. Technical Round
2. Managerial round
3. HR Discussion.

I did not through in first round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
    2. Project roles and responsibilities
    3. how HTTP and HTTPS works
    4. Difference GET and POST methods
    5. Polymorphism
    6. Object class methods
    7. Why string class is declared as final?
    8. What will happen if we declare a class as final and abstract?
    9. Why java is more secured?
    10. Difference between ArrayList and Array? how ArrayList size increased dynamically at runtime, write code?
    11. Generics?
    12. upcasting and downcasting?
    13. Sample URL given to write corresponding Web Service method using Java-RS.[EX: /part/partentity/quantity=4/ something like this]

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mindtree (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process completely online. It started with an assessment test. Then there was a technical phone interview. They took a long time to respond. I took the test and then the phone interview but then waited a month to hear back about any potential offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some object-oriented programming concepts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Gainesville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

You take an online assessment, followed by an in person interview. It was casual and the interviewer was very nice. Some technical questions were asked, but it was mostly behavioral. Make sure you show up early because you cannot operate the elevator yourself. You have to call and they have t come down and help you get onto the floor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an obstacle you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephonic technical > technical written > technical face to face > client face to face technical > telephonic HR > offer rolled out.

Rolling offer letter was a very slow process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

First it was the AMCAT test.
    Then the programming round conducted by the company through AMCAT. There were two questions and both were pattern based.
    I got shortlisted and was called for interview.
    I managed to get placed in the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview questions:
      1. Reverse string using pointers alone, no array to be used
      2. Find if a number is a power of 2.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindtree (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a wonderful experience. The interviewers were very cool and friendly. There were two rounds. the first one was technical and the shortlisted ones had an HR interview. Simple logical questions were asked for the technical round. Had self introduction in both the interviews. The confidence and the attitude of the candidate matters. if you are able to speak and express with confidence you can win.

Interview Questions

• They gave some logical problem and asked to express using operators like and,or,not etc...
      They asked to explain some events other than academics where you were able to use your skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was aptitude after that a simple coding round. After that 1 Technical round and 1 HR round. Aptitude round was easy and paper was Amcat based. In coding round, there were 2 questions 1 was the pattern printing and 1 question was two merge 2 unsorted arrays into single sorted array. Pattern was bit time consuming and took me 5-7 minutes to code. For other question I first sort both arrays using quicksort and after that simply merged them. Technical round started with "tell me something about yourself question" and 2-3 more questions. After that I explicitly said interviewer that I am interested in "Data Structures".
    In HR round first question was "Tell me something about yourself which is NOT in your resume".
    After that simple 2-3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Implement BST.
      Write Code for Inorder, Preorder, Postorder of BST.
      Write non-recursive code for inorder.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alwar (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Alwar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The selection process consisted of three rounds as follows:
    1. Shortlisting on the basis of AMCAT score.
    2. Technical round conducted by AMCAT (includes two programming questions that have to be answered in 60 minutes).
    3. Personal interview round (HR round).

Interview Questions

• Technical round consisted of two programming questions that were based on the following topics:
      1. Patterns
      2. Strings

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree in September 2016.

Interview

Written was easy as usual normal Aptitude Questions just like R S Agarwal or little higher than that
    Programs were little tricky but if understood then its easy for everyone to complete and run it
    HR and Tech round was as related your domain and personality,you can crack it if you have little data about every aspect of your domain and about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Everything thing starts with a Introduction so give your best   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bhubaneswar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Comprises of 4 rounds:
    1. Verbal + Quant + Logical (Amcat Test)
    2. Automata (Taken by Amcat)
    3. Tech Interview
    4. HR Interview

They ask normal basic questions in every round but they take only cream. The company hires a very little percentage of students. But then also it is not so difficult. For automata, do practice basic questions of C(exclude DS) on string, array and pointer and in tech interview they look for only the basic concepts. That's enough.

Interview Questions

• I am from ECE so in the tech interview I was encountered with a question asking why I opted for IT as my career?

Also I was asked to write two programs... one for leap year and the other one for average of n numbers from an array using malloc and pointer.