Mindtree Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

There were two around interviews. Firs round is behavior interview, you were asked typical behavior questions. Second round is technical interview, asking you basic programming fundamentals. You will get letter on following couple days.

Interview Questions

• what is difference between class and object?   4 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindtree in January 2017.

Interview

there is no real interview, firstly they will send you online questions to finish. if you fail, dont worry, they will send you the same questions until you get it. then a phone interview about some silly questions. Then you will get the offer. no negotiation and either you take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mindtree (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through Jconnect consultant for bangalore location, interview held in chennai Mindtree office. there were total 3 rounds
    1. Technical Round
    2. Managerial round
    3. HR Discussion.

I did not through in first round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Project roles and responsibilities
      3. how HTTP and HTTPS works
      4. Difference GET and POST methods
      5. Polymorphism
      6. Object class methods
      7. Why string class is declared as final?
      8. What will happen if we declare a class as final and abstract?
      9. Why java is more secured?
      10. Difference between ArrayList and Array? how ArrayList size increased dynamically at runtime, write code?
      11. Generics?
      12. upcasting and downcasting?
      13. Sample URL given to write corresponding Web Service method using Java-RS.[EX: /part/partentity/quantity=4/ something like this]   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mindtree (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a quick process completely online. It started with an assessment test. Then there was a technical phone interview. They took a long time to respond. I took the test and then the phone interview but then waited a month to hear back about any potential offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some object-oriented programming concepts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Gainesville, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

You take an online assessment, followed by an in person interview. It was casual and the interviewer was very nice. Some technical questions were asked, but it was mostly behavioral. Make sure you show up early because you cannot operate the elevator yourself. You have to call and they have t come down and help you get onto the floor.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an obstacle you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mindtree (Chennai (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I got the opportunity to attend Mindtree drive via my college, the first round was just an AMCAT test, around 400 students were shortlisted. The second round had 2 programming questions which ranged from easy to moderate. Around 65 were shortlisted for the Technical HR interview. I was one amongst them. I didn't realise then, that the whole process was rigged and I was wasting my time. After a long 7 hrs wait, I was called for the interview, everything went really well. The Technical HR even appreciated me, the interview took place for around 20 minutes. I was satisfied with the interview. Later, in 10 minutes or so, I was told that I was not selected, whereas any female candidate who entered the panel were selected and forwarded to the General HR. The whole interview process felt rigged and I have lost respect for this company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

The person who have interviewed is knowledgeable and from neworking background but he have overall domain knowledge. He started the interview with how DNS works and covered all basics from OS, JAVA, NETWORKING. He asked to write few java based coding samples. It went for long.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1 is aptitude and next comes the automata round where 2 programs will be given and based on your comfort you can choose either c/c++/java.i have selcted java and i got a pattern and other is array program

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mindtree (Greater Noida (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

i was interviewed in Mindtree in august,2017. The interview was fairly easy and everything on time. There were two rounds for selection. Everything was fine like I was interviewed and asked to wait for result. The result for technical interview was announced and I was selected. and asked to wait for interview. After 4 hours of result the HR came to me and said the words I quote "Actually I had discussion with lady(my interviewer), we cant not let you through". I was awestruck like what the hell.
    Like have some class you people, Management should look into these kind of matters. Overall negative review. Highly unprofessional

Interview Questions

• 1. client-server architecture
      2. Joins
      3. Multithreading
      4. OOPS concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The first round was a written round which consist of Quant, Verbal and Logical which was AMCAT pattern. then it a coding round in which I got one pattern problem and the other was array sorting.

Interview Questions

• Pattern to print trapezium.   1 Answer