Mindtree Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mindtree Technical Lead Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.9

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree.

Interview

It was quiet simple and straight process. There were two rounds of interview. First the technical Interview and then the Managerial Round. Be strong in basics and architecture. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mindtree

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bellevue, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

1 Telephonic interview
    1 Sype interview.
    1 Onsite interview(Optional depending on feedback from interviewer)
    Over all process takes no less than week and recruiting team is good to follow. They provide feedback on time and are helpful in throughout process

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree in October 2015.

Interview

1 round :- technical discussion. First of I don't understand why technical people doing hr like screening round they are very interested about my previous companies, boss I already informed hr about my experience then only they shortlisted so what is the problem of technical people why they are much interested asking reasons wasting 1/2 time why I shifted companies. See I already taken interviews in my experience in panel see its not my job even if don't ask single question why they looking for change who came for panel as it is responsibility of hr person not mine. My responsibility to ask only technical evaluation if are wasting time in walk in panel screening as hr in technical panel candidates who came get irritated after all hr people already shortlisted boss why you technical people bothering. As a technical team you do your responsibility why you are doing mix responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Why I am looking for change
      Why I shifted companies
      Why I again changing the job
      My 1/2 hour and his time wasted and immediately he realized he was wasting his time
      He was expecting some mobility experience as my 7 pages profile telling I am a. Net profile
      Do I know ANDORID os
      Do I know windows phone
      Do I know xamine (I don't even this keywords boss I am. Net developer boss)
      Do I know phone stage
      1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Attend Mindtree interview in Jain College September 13th 2015. Just attended to see my level of confidence! Entire process is well organized and i could say good job. Only one comment Interviewer is so hurry, not giving a time to think and answer!!! (May be due to heavy rush of candidates due to scheduled walk in). Almost i tried my level best to write the questions here

Interview Questions

• How did you upload large size file?
      Explain about Generics?
      Diff. b/w ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC?
      Where did you write your business logic... In Action controller?
      How do you handle when more number of users are accessing the website, Steps to improve the performance of the website?
      How do you perform code reviews?
      What is the importance of Indexs?
      Diff. b/w clustered index and non clustered index?
      Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Chennai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewer lacked professionalism, he was picking up the word usage in my resume and making fun out of it. He seemed to reject the candidate rather than conduct a smooth interview, his questions were in no particular order, total waste of time, he was having attitude issue and asked every question with sarcasm,may be I was having higher experience than him.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I attended interview on 7th March of 2015 at whitefield location for the position of Tech lead and also could able to clear all rounds and filled HR form too. But after continues asking for the status then came up with answer that I had attended for software engineer not for lead and being offered salary less than my current CTC. It was ultimately describing not to release offer and give a satisfactory answer . Suggestion to all who all are going for interview please don't attend any before checking alary they can offered you.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

- HR Consultant sent me an email and called me. On a Saturday morning HR consultant called me for an interview. Asked me to be present at the Global Village - Bangalore campus at 11 AM. I had reached on time. Waited for about 1 hour. HR consultant and internal HR of Mindtree had several discussions and said please wait for some more time. Interview panel is yet to come.
    - I waited until 3 PM (4 hours of waiting). Wasted my time. They called me for the 1st round of interview. I was asked some technical questions. Lasted for 10 minutes.
    - Manager round was funny because the Manager didn't know the subject (so called head of the department). Interviewer DID NOT bother to ask about my qualification, if I have CAT score or other competitive exam scores. Which Engineering discipline or university did I pass out. Have I worked on IoT (Internet of Things), Big Data or other latest technologies. What is my domain specialization. Do I have Team Management and Team introduction and email communication experience as a Technical Lead. Have I participated in JAD sessions/external seminars/workshops. Nothing at all.
    - She said "tell me about yourself". Have you crashed the computer working on Tableau technology. I was shocked to hear that question. Do you know BI, Tableau, D3. Which are the chart types you have used. Sorry! I was late to the interview and made you wait. Just 5 minutes, my interview got over.
    - Things that I don't understand, how do you come to a conclusion within 5 minutes about a candidate. Is this interview for technology and skill set? Or for some other reason?
    - HR interview lasted for another 5 minutes. Overall 20 minutes for a Technical Lead position. HR consultant so confidently says, you will get through. I really didn't understand what was going on? Was there a purpose for hiring me? Even now I wonder.
    - My entry was fast and my exit was even more faster than the entry for several reasons.

Interview Questions

• They called me for 1st round of interview. I was asked some technical questions. Lasted for 10 minutes.
      - Manager round was funny because the Manager didn't know the subject. She asked me tell me about yourself. Have you crashed the computer working on this technology. I was shocked to hear that question. Do you know BI, Tableau, D3. Which are the chart types you have used. Sorry! I was late to the interview and made you wait. Just 5 minutes my interview got over.
      Answer Question
    • Joining Formalities were horrible. HR doesn't know how to communicate. Very harsh and unpleasant words. Shows their attitude as a Brand.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

- Interview is easy as they don't pay well
    - HR interview is almost stupid. They are actually stunned to see why people are joining Mindtree
    - Generally Employee Referrals are not taken seriously as Consultancy has tie up and the HRs have a share in that.

Interview Questions

• Very basics questions and 1 question is why you want to join Mindree even if it pays less   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

One technical, one managerial and one HR round , each lasting for maximum 30 mins.Bit of waiting time to get the interview slot.The managerial round involved behaviourial questions based on situations and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java collections and multithreading,Spring MVC questions, Design pattern questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mindtree (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

Round one:
    Basic Java and PL/SQL question, WebSphere Portal Basic question on Page creation and Administration, WCM questions.
    Round two:
    J2EE Design patterns and framework related question, WebSphere Portal advanced question on login filters, API and SPI related, Integration, SOA architecture.
    Round three:
    Face to Face interview with program manager.

Interview Questions

• Design Patterns related and advanced Java technology related questions and Websphere portal High availability question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

on notice period of 90 days.