Mine Safety Appliances Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mine Safety Appliances Interview Questions

Staff Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances.

Interview

First was a brief phone call questions were basic.Next call for follow up was a couple of interviews more detailed about my background, happened about two weeks later. After those I was told I would be contacted to setup an in person interview. About a month later and the in person interview is held and everything was going well and everyone seemed to like my personality,background, and attitude. Get a call a week later to talk about salary and expectations, so I thought I had gotten the position. Get told to do an evaluation that would test my mental and psychological competencies, by the way was a 4-6 hour test and a huge waste of time in my opinion. After which I would talk to/with an evaluation manager to talk about my test results. Talk to the manager and he says I would be a great fit and he wishes me good luck and he thinks I should be a shoe-in. Two months later all of a sudden I get an e-mail(which was kind of them) stating that I didn't get the position and other candidates were being considered. I have gone through a strung along of a 4 month interview process roller coaster ride of emotions from joy that I could possibly have the position to sheer distraught reading the final e-mail I received. Somehow at places like this it seems to me to be more who you know then what you know. If I had a chance to apply to another position here I could qualify for I would apply, but wouldn't want to be left waiting on a response (be it positive or negative) for 1/3 of a year. Having had a poorer experience interview I still think Mine Safety Appliances would be a fine place to work, but a lackluster place to interview for a job. (To compare the interview with my current job: I got a call talked about my technical prowess and the manager got a good sense of who I was, then the next week I got an offer and accepted it, and finally about a week after that I was working.)

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked at any point during any interview or the tests.   Answer Question

IT Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Cranberry, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

So far I have several interviews with 5 individuals and only half way there to getting position - -lengthy process for new hires, but I hope it's a great place to work - so far so good talking to the people there - nice friendly atmosphere too in Cranberry PA

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions and nothing about job - just test knowledge and experience   Answer Question

SAP Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone screen and TWO in-person interviews. They then required a 6 hour psychological test/exam followed by a review from a psychologist. Once i found out about the 6 hour test I dropped out of the process. They did not show any respect for the people they were interviewing.