Ministry of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ministry of Education

2.7

Sort:

Policy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education.

Interview

Started with general motivational questions and then proceeded to some competency based questions. Then you were asked to give a presentation (the topic had already been provided beforehand) and finished with more competency questions. Opportunity to ask questions of the panel was given.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview on how you feel a teacher should behave and whether he/she should enforce his/her personal values upon the students. The principal would facilitate and overall it was a pleasant experience.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

It contains the 3 segments as usual. First part is the ethics question, second part is the 5 minutes classroom presentation where they will take turns to ask questions. Lastly, it's the Questions and answers section. I feel that the discussions with the teachers are the toughest especially when they ask you about the ethics question. I don't really know how to answer that though, they got a shock at my answer.

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities you possess to be a teacher?   2 Answers

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

they replied quite quickly after i sent in my application to schedule an interview. Interview took about 20mins in total, including the presentation. Some interviewers take longer but mine didn't.

Interview Questions

• How was your relief teaching experience?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in December 2008.

Interview

Responded online to advert in New Zealand Education Gazette; response received within a week, interview granted the following week. The offer was made on the phone the day after the interview, accepted within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult class and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. Salaries are determined by the applicable Ministry scale.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education in June 2012.

Interview

They had called me to handle my CV. A couple of days later, they called me again to inform me when the meeting should be. I got there on time and did the interview; it was a piece of cake and I was accepted.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston (Jamaica)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Kingston (Jamaica)) in August 2008.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was called in for an interview. The interview panel consisted of the head of department, the vice principal and the principal

Interview Questions

• Why did you select teaching as your career?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Port of Spain (Trinidad and Tobago)) in January 2012.

Interview

One interview - HR based

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

How have you used, or how will you use, technology in the classroom?
    Have you had experience boosting a student's self-esteem? If so, how?
    Would you be interested in participating in after school activities?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• What was it like working for your supervisor?
      What do you expect from a supervisor?
      What problems have you encountered at work?
      Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager?
      Who was your best boss and who was the worst?
      Describe your ideal boss.
      Why are you leaving your job?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had to arrive 15 minutes early and was given two questions to prepare. I was interviewed by two people who wrote down everything I said re these two questions. I was given time at the end to make my case for why they should hire me and I asked some questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a piece of writing you have done for a manager. What was challenging and what was successful about the piece?   Answer Question
    • What forms of writing are you familiar with? Choose one example and elaborate on how you have used that form.   Answer Question
    • In 30 minutes write an executive summary of a five page article.   Answer Question