Ministry of Education Singapore General Education Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore General Education Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

it was a face to face interview, with three interviewers reviewing your online application and educational qualifications, they asked relevant questions related to your academic and cca achievements and also favourite pastime. they also asked why am i interested in this position and how would i cope with handling students.

Interview Questions

• they asked if i have read any academic magazine and share about an article that caught my attention   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2013.

Interview

Role-play where interview panel acted as troubled students
    You have to prepare a short lesson on any subject and execute the lesson in front of the interview panel. Interview panel would be assessing confidence, articulation and ability to teach students well while exhibiting some form of classroom management effectively.
    Essay writing for 20 minutes with 3 questions on current topics in the education industry.
    Interview Panel sizes you up to figure out if you are ideal for teaching. They will ask background information about you. Why teaching and not other career paths. What attracted you to teaching.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Just simple questions were asked. Mainly "why do you want to teach?" and simple questions about yourself - having a good answer to why you want to teach will prompt interviewer to probe more into the question.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2017.

Interview

Wait on tenterhooks in the waiting area.

1. Short Essay (moral dilemma, 20 min)
    2. Teaching Demo (5 min)
    3. Interview (Panel) - questions/feedback on your demo, questions to you about your personal values/views and on your short essay from before.

General Education Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in February 2014.

Interview

HR would call you first and let you know the format of the interview. For mine, I had to write an essay and a 5 minute presentation, followed by the interview. There were four interviewers. Mine was very short, which may be a bad sign... The presentation was also cut short.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2010.

Interview

4 interviewers made up of ex-principals
    questions about your intention to join teaching
    ask if you like kids

General Education Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

1) Initial communication through email
    2) Call for interview with 4 panel of interviewers eg : school principals , directors , HR managers,

Interview Questions

• Why do you like teaching and how do you value add learning to the students   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bonded 3 years after the NIE course

Application

Interview

Walked into a small room with a panel of three middle aged ladies. The one in the middle seemed to be leading the interview as she was the one asking the questions. All the interviewers were warm and friendly, smiled when I entered the room and made me feel very comfortable and at ease. The interview was not as formal as I had expected it to be as they opened with questions like have you had your lunch. Asked very simple questions e.g. why do you want to teach. The first question involved me telling them about myself and my experiences at school as a student.The entire interview was pretty short, or not as long as I had expected it to be.

General Education Officer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in June 2012.

Interview

Standard one round interview, with 3 people in the interview room - one is HR, the other two might be one P/VP and one GEO/SEO. Basic Standard Questions like why teaching, do you know that teaching is a very tiring job, etc. Need to show and convince the interviewers that you really have passion for the job, most likely you''ll get the contract.

Interview Questions

• Depends on the interviewers. One difficult question they posed was '"You know math is a very boring subject. Describe how you would make the class interesting and motivate students to make them interested and make math alive.""   1 Answer

General Education Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

1. 15 minutes before your scheduled interview time for document verification.
    2. About 2.5 hours for the interview process:

a. Write a short essay sharing your thoughts in English on a particular topic (a difficult situation - like with colleague, students, HOD, etc) which will be given to you when you arrive. If you have been shortlisted for a Chinese, Malay or Tamil-medium subject, please write the essay in the appropriate language. You will be given 20 minutes for this task. There is no limit on the number of words but the essay should not exceed a page;

b. Present a 5-minute lesson (without using slides) on a topic. You may prepare simple teaching aids as necessary. The interview panel will act as your students; please inform them of the specific level your lesson has been prepared for (eg, Primary 5, Secondary 1). The topic should be related to the subject and teaching level which you have been shortlisted for; and

c. Meet the panel for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Aspirations:
      What makes you want to be a teacher? Why teaching? Why do you want to be a teacher?
      Why do you think you would make a good teacher?
      You got a B3 for the subject, are you confident of teaching?

Understanding of teaching profession:
      What do you understand about teaching?
      Are you aware of our teaching hours ?

Challenges faced in a class:
      How will you handle difficult students?
      How will you handle rowdy students?
      What to do if the students are not interested in subject?

Challenges faced with staff:
      How will you deal with difficult and questionable situations in staff and student relationships?
      What would you do if you find out that your colleague is behaving inappropriately towards another student?

Subject:
      Do you know about the current ____ Syllabus ? ( ____ is whichever Subject you are shortlisted for )
      If you are going to teach _____, how would you plan the lesson/how will you teach ?
      Why is there a need for ____ ? ( ____ is the subject you are shortlisted for )
      Why is ___ important? (___ is subject.)   Answer Question