Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in China, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (China, ME) in June 2012.

Interview

Questions about personal details are being asked, as well as general questions like why do you come to Singapore and what do you expect to see in Singapore. The questions were not hard and the interviewers were generally friendly.There were 4 people interviewing and one in charge of asking the questions others are sitting there and taking note or observing.

Physical Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

3 components to the interview. Essay, lesson delivery and face to face interview. The essay question will be based on a scenario that will test your ethics, character. Its only 1 to 2 pages long. The lesson delivery is 5 minute long, based on a topic related to the syllabus of the subject of interest, intended for a specific education level. Lastly is a panel interview where they will take turns asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the challenges a teacher would face when teaching primary school students?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

It was a group interview with 5 applicants (including me), held in a rather casual setting. We were asked to do a short written test at the end of the interview, mainly on our interest and goals.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

We were asked to introduce our names and the schools we came from.it was a group interview between a senior or semi-retired teacher in groups of ten.Everyone is given an opportunity to speak so that they could hear your opinions.The quiet ones will be noticed and asked to speak.Interview kind of difficult to me as I was placed with students from better schools and they were sort of overpowering.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Chinese teacher?
      Do you think that you should use English when teaching Chinese to students?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Stickers will be given to you during the registration process. After 1/2 hour, a HR personnel will approach you and your interview table mates and they will bring you to the room. The interviews are pretty relaxed... More like a discussion. Further, you don't have to worry that it's competitive or you won't get to speak. Because chances are, they will let you speak.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Quite good. Fast and efficient process. Was able to get the interview pretty quickly after getting a few email messages back and forth. Interview was pretty chill with 1 supervisor and 1 officer where the officer will mainly talk while the supervisor takes notes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Pre-interview requires you to fill up your entire education history including your grades for each subject. Some online questions to find out your passion, skills and how you would try to implement the program if you were selected. Round table interview with 4 interviewers and 4 students. Answering is based on taking the initiative to answer first but everyone will need to say something in response to the question so try to answer first, lest you run out of things to say.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you hope to change in the school curriculum or think is a good change.   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in January 2018.

Interview

I was shortlisted after 1 month of applying. I guess they could't find suitable candidates then. During the interview, there were 3 interviewers - 1 VP, 1 school staff, 1 MOE staff. They asked questions relating to the admin job scope, emphasising that there is alot need to be done.

Interview Questions

• How can your skills or work experiences contribute to this job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your previous job (stat board)? Don't you think you could grow internally (in the stat board) too? Why MOE and administrative position?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever handled difficult or unmotivated staff? What were the challenges and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Have you done administrative work or have basic experiences in it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR one month later for an interview.

There was only one interview with a panel of 5 people ranging from the manager of the unit to the director of the division.

Many questions were asked about my current job which felt interrogative and unpleasant, due to the way that the questions were asked. There were attempts to switch to questions to determine my motivation and values, but the interview was largely focused on challenging work processes and organisational structure of my current job, which was uncalled for.

When asked about the job function, the panel did not elaborate much on the process and turned the question back at me, before concluding that I would know more if I am accepted for this job.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in November 2009.

Interview

There are several stages during the whole interview process. You have to take a psychometric test and write a short essay based on the question (usually related to the country's policy). If you passed this, they will call you back for the second round which involved a round table interview - you are grouped with other candidates and two interview officers. During this session, you are encouraged to discuss issues pertinent to Singapore. If you are successful, they will invite you back again for a Personality Test before putting you through another Panel Interview.