Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in China, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (China, ME) in June 2012.

Interview

Questions about personal details are being asked, as well as general questions like why do you come to Singapore and what do you expect to see in Singapore. The questions were not hard and the interviewers were generally friendly.There were 4 people interviewing and one in charge of asking the questions others are sitting there and taking note or observing.

Administrative Position Interview

Interview

Was shortlisted by the school for an interview the exec called me to inform but was done in an extremely unprofessional manner. Reason being she fixed a date and time that I was available then did not follow up with any email on the interview details and when I called to check further I was told that I need not go for the interview anymore. What a waste of people's time and not even bothering to follow up on the details until checked showed a total disregard of the interviewee.

(Teaching) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Shortlisted after submitting lengthy application form. Roundtable, group. About 7-8 persons, a principal, and an HR representative. Light warm-up questions. Probing, scenario-based questions that reflected one's ability to articulate ideas, as well as personal values.

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Group interviews all going on in a single location. 2 interviewers sat with us at a round table, one was an ex-principal. They asked questions and people would respond/ contribute as and whenever. If you're more outspoken, you'll stand out more. Seemed like the quieter ones got less air time to express their views and ideas in the more 'convo-style' setting.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills or experience that you can bring as a teaching intern?   Answer Question

School Counselor Untrained Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

Waited 30 minutes past my interview time ( i was the first candidate).
    Was given 2 scenarios (case study) and 4 options to choose from, or rather rank the options, with 1 as the most appropriate. It was a very restrictive interview because the interviewers kept insisting that if i ranked a certain choice as my 1st, it meant that I cannot do the others. Plus when i tried to bring in alternative solutions, they stopped me. Interviewers were definitely not emphatic listeners because i could tell they were judging my answers. No questions about our passion for working with children or youths. It seems like they wanted TRAINED applicants when this was clearly for untrained applicants.

Yes i admit, I lack knowledge regarding counselling work, but i believe i have the attitude and skills to learn.

Primary School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yishun New Town (Singapore)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Yishun New Town (Singapore)).

Interview

Got a call within 3-6months.
    Prep 5 minutes of teaching a class.
    Essay writing questions:
    Clarice is halfway through marking. She said she has another job and has financial issues. What would you do?

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Round table group interview with a HR and a VP/Principal or Senior teacher. The principal poses questions and allows each person at the table to offer their views, and answer without having to compete to speak.

(PGDE) General Education Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in April 2017.

Interview

There were 3 stages:
    1. Essay on ethics (20 mins)
    2. Lesson Presentation (5 mins)
    3. Interview

The lesson presentation actually tests more on classroom management instead of content so that's something to mentally prepare yourself for. It's awkward seeing grown adults behave like kids.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to say about the syllabus?   Answer Question
    • (If you come from a “good” school) Are you able to handle difficult students, those who spew vulgarities, have no respect for teachers and are prone to violence?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose the secondary level to teach?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 3 parts to the interview. The first part is a 20 minutes essay writing where you are required to give your response to a difficult situation.

The second part is the 5 minute teaching to a panel of 4 who will behave like typical students at the primary or secondary level(depending on which level you are teaching)

The third part is the interview. The questions that they ask are really to find out how much interest you have for teaching and how much experience you have. They also want to see how much you know about the jobscope and responsibility of a teacher.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can sustain your passion for teaching in the future?   Answer Question

General Education Officer (Untrained) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process could be segmented into three parts.
    1) Written Essay (Question: What makes something beautiful?)

2) Teacher Presentation (Mock/Small Group Teaching)
    I presented a General Paper question from the GCE 'A' Levels 2016 and the interviewers were impersonating as students to test my response as they bombarded with lots of questions.

3) Interview
    Relatively interesting because they focused mainly on 'ethics' questions when I expected them to ask me on the rationale of choosing to teach JC or GP

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you think of student-teacher relationship?
      2) What do you think of teachers who go clubbing?
      Answer Question