Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Sort:

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in November 2009.

Interview

There are several stages during the whole interview process. You have to take a psychometric test and write a short essay based on the question (usually related to the country's policy). If you passed this, they will call you back for the second round which involved a round table interview - you are grouped with other candidates and two interview officers. During this session, you are encouraged to discuss issues pertinent to Singapore. If you are successful, they will invite you back again for a Personality Test before putting you through another Panel Interview.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

-Interview Panel: 2 senior school personnel & 1 HR staff
    -20 min writing about a situation of a too caring teacher who might have done too much
    -5 min role play as a teacher conducting class to a class. The 2 senior school staff will ask qns about the subject or make some comments like someone not paying attention (secondary level)
    -interview proper
    (Results will only be out in 1 month time)

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Online application on MOE website.
    Once approved, scheduled for interview, which has 3 segments.
    First segment is a 1-page essay writing on your response to a difficult scenario.
    Second segment is a 5-min lesson teaching demonstration.
    Third segment is interview with a panel of interviewers.
    Thereafter, wait for 4-5 weeks for results.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

It was a group interview and we sat around a table with an interviewer. The interviewer asked questions and we were asked to respond to the question one after another. There was not need to fight to answer the question because the interviewer would make sure that everyone got a chance to answer the question. I didn't get selected in the end because I think the interviewer didn't see a fit.

Application

Interview

Applied on Careers@gov website. Got contacted for an interview about a month later. Was told to prepare a 5 min lesson on any topic. A 20 min situational test first followed by the lesson and interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a few months. There were three parts to the interview: submission of documents, mock lesson, and the interview panel. The overall process took almost half a day so come prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• The mock lesson is probably the most important aspect of the interview so do prepare accordingly.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

You will be given 20 minutes to write-up on an essay question, preferably short. Interviewers may ask you on your response later during the interview

There will be 2 interviewers and another one doing note taking. You will be given 5 minutes to give a presentation on your chosen topic, the interviewers will act like your students and ask you questions. Followed by standard interview questions to try to know you better

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online and got a notice for an interview 3 weeks later.
    2. 3 phases of interview a) essay question-about ethics of a teacher, b) conduct a lesson plan, c) interview proper

Interview Questions

• Give your opinions on a latest change made by MOE in the recent years.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I have to prepare a lesson plan and Thia require some effort doing so. Go there to show and tell. Simulate a during a class where the interviewers will protray as students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 3 parts to the interview. The first part is a 20 minutes essay writing where you are required to give your response to a difficult situation.

The second part is the 5 minute teaching to a panel of 4 who will behave like typical students at the primary or secondary level(depending on which level you are teaching)

The third part is the interview. The questions that they ask are really to find out how much interest you have for teaching and how much experience you have. They also want to see how much you know about the jobscope and responsibility of a teacher.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can sustain your passion for teaching in the future?   Answer Question