Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Sort:

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

1. Upload documents on the MOE website
    2. I applied on 5th October, they told me I was shortlisted for an interview in an email dated 17 October (although they mentioned they will notify applicants within 4-5 weeks of the application closing date).
    3. On the 20th of October, they texted me to tell me I was scheduled for a call the next day regarding the interview date.
    4. Interview date was 3rd November - prepare a class plan for any age group of my choice (primary school), whiteboard is provided and lesson plan has to be within around 5 minutes.
    5. Day of the interview, had to provide documents for them to double check + a short essay test.
    6. Interview.
    7. Outcome of interview on 27th of November.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      What would you change about the education system?
      There were many more questions which came along as it was more of a chit-chat session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

received a call and an email on instructions about how to prepare for the interview. written assay for 20min, followed by teaching demo (around 5 minutes), and several questions asked by interview panel which lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• how will you teach languages, like English?
      What are the challenges that you will face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was done at MOE building in Buona Vista. You will sitting with others for the interview. Tie is not important. There will be three people interviewing you.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (South Africa)) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was in a front of a panel of 4 people. 1 Hr, 2 teachers and 1 non-teaching member. where they asked a few questions and had to present a lesson for 5 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join teaching?   Answer Question
    • You seem to have left a few jobs. How do you know you will suit this role and won't leave as well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

3 sections: Written Task, Presentation Task, Interview

Written task: Write a response to a scenario which will be given. Required to write it in the language short-listed to teach at.

Presentation Task: 5-minute lesson presentation on teaching subject and level shortlisted for. Interview panels will act as the students.

Interview: Panel will ask you about your ambition and why do you want to be a teacher etc.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

Round table interview consisting of 10 applicants for teaching internship. One interviewer would ask questions and anyone can reply. Questions could be on a variety of topics such as interest, what would you do in a situation...etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

interviewers were friendly. Not interrupted during lesson presentation. after lesson, there were many questions to how the lesson will help the pupils. Waiting period took as long as 3 months.

Interview Questions

• what is a strength that will contribute to become a teacher?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

one written question on moral dilemma, face to face interview, role play with principal, 5 min teaching, interview questions. quite reasonable. can be prepared, practice at home. tell me about your teaching experience. why do you like teaching. moral dilemma questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to write a short essay before the interview (they pose a difficult situation and asked what would you do). Gave a short 5min presentation (you are told to prepare before hand) where the panel acted as difficult students. After that the interview was fairly standard, they asked me quite a bit of my views on some current issues. Panel insisted that teachers' workload is manageable and would not be reduced.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Essay Writing
    - We are given a scenario and required to write on how we would react
    2. Presentation
    - We are required to teach a topic related to our teaching subject and level for 5 mins
    3. Interview