Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Essay Writing
    - We are given a scenario and required to write on how we would react
    2. Presentation
    - We are required to teach a topic related to our teaching subject and level for 5 mins
    3. Interview

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

panel of interviewers
    Princiipals , Vice Principals , Hr Manager
    First attend interview.
    Wait for call for a mth
    they will call u with details for the school you are posted to.
    You have to attend an orientation
    report to the school on the same day

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in February 2016.

Interview

Before the interview itself, you will be given 20 minutes to write on a short essay not more than 1 page on teacher ethics. There were 5 people that interview me, one of whom is a note taker.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email and a call 3 weeks later to inform me of the interview.

I was supposed to prepare a 5 min class on a topic of my choice and was also informed that I need to write a short essay on the spot.

Initial questions are rather straightforward.

But the penal got defensive when it is my turn to ask questions. I threw tough questions but legitimate at them. E.g

"What are the reason(s) for the known high turnover for teachers?"
    "What do you intend to do to retain teachers?"
    "MOE has been recruiting aggressively for the past few years. How is the quality of teachers different from 2-3 years ago and what are the steps you have taken to ensure that good teachers are recruited?"
    "With the tuition industry rampant, is MOE taking any steps to improve the school experience such that parents/students do not find the need to get expensive private tuition?"

One of the panellists said outright that these are not issues that as a teacher, I should be concerned with. To which, I replied that I wish to know if MOE is actually tackling these issues because it shows how much the management care about the students/teachers' needs. It wasn't exactly a pleasant exchange as their defensive attitude made the conversation difficult.

It is evident from their responses that MOE is not a place I want to join. It appears that they simply want yes-men/women who do not ask them difficult questions. They expect teachers to just do their jobs and stay.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard

Why do you want to be a teacher?
      What do you understand about teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

They ask you about your passion for teaching. Gives you scenario to think and decide what to do. Why do you want to be a teacher? You need to outshine the other candidates at the table who may not give you a chance to speak. You need to be coherent and clear. Do not smoke. Only say something when you have an idea what to say.

Interview Questions

• Would you add your students on FB   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview process is only one stage. It involves standard questions like why you wanted to teach, what subjects do you want to teach, and other typical interview questions. These interviews are normally conducted by school principals with ministry staff sitting in.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied in early March, got called up in April, interviewed late April

1. Essay: Discuss what you would do if you caught your HOD with a student of the opposite gender at a bus stop late at night
    2. 5 minute presentation on your teaching subject: Time limit is strictly adhered to. Interviewers will mimic difficult students in a class, attempt to throw you off
    3. Interview proper (3 member panel): Generally revolves about how you will handle difficult students, your colleagues if you find that they are behaving improperly. Interviewers were not very friendly. You won't have the chance to ask any questions

Interview Questions

• How will you handle difficult students?   Answer Question
    • Why teaching?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you find out that your colleague is behaving inappropriately towards another student?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Interview

The application is through an online portal, it takes about 4 weeks to reply. There will only be one interview with four people interviewing, including two principals, the HR director and a psychologist. It takes another 3 weeks to reply on outcomes.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in August 2009.

Interview

passion for teaching

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2009.

Interview

Had to write an essay for the job. Applied it during my undergraduate days. Interview was okay as they didn't ask much about teaching philosophy. Probably wanted to check out our character and behaviour

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask hard questions. Mainly just to get to know you better   Answer Question