Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Sort:

Teacher Interview

Interview

Applied via MOE website. Filled out application form including educational qualifications, co-curricular activities and work history (if any). Upon sending email with attached application form to company, the ministry usually take no more than 3 weeks to send a hard copy letter stating the time and venue of interview and a phone call to verify you have received the notification.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

The working hours can be long as teachers are expected to handle administrative and other co-curricular commitments in addition to their teaching load.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

The interviewers asked questions, such as "Why do you want to be a teacher?", "How would you deal with difficult children in class?", and "What type of subjects do you wish to teach?" Regardless of what you choose for the last question, MOE will have the last say on your assigned subjects. After the interview, they sent me a reply within a month.

Interview Questions

• For the question regarding difficult children, I recalled how one of my ex-teachers used to deal with this and adapted her method accordingly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted the application online and received sms for interview after 1-2 weeks. The whole interview was about half an hour, started with a detailed background check and then 2 officers asked me quite general questions, such as my educational history, personaly, past relevant working experience, why apply or MOE, etc. Salary differs according to grades, so there is nothing to negotiate about that.

Interview Questions

• To deal with primary school students is very touch nowadays, why you still choose to become a teacher?   Answer Question

I was asked to accept a 1-yr contract to see if I am suitable for the job before sending to NIE for training.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

After submitting your application, you will need to wait for the letter to invite you for an interview session with a panel. If you pass the interview, you will be offered a position for contract teaching. Upon completion of contract teaching, you will be informed if you are shortlisted for the PGDE programme in NIE (assuming you are a graduate at the point of applying to MOE). You will then be bonded for 3 years if you choose to do the PGDE programme.

Interview Questions

• The questions are relatively expected but you might be asked to demonstrate how you will conduct a lesson.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Applied Online. After closing date, within 1-2 Weeks , they call me up in morning for interview. Emailed me to bring the necessary documents. Panel Interview, around 4 Interviewer.
    Interview have : Short-Essay,Presentation(5 mins) then interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview Questions:
      - Why do you want to be a teacher?
      - Challenges faced in a class
      - Are you aware of our teaching hours ?(E.g Need to bring back papers to mark after school hours etc)
      - What are you views on Tuition ?
      - Do you know about the current ____ Syllabus ? ( ____ is whichever Subject you are shortlisted for )
      - Why is there a need for ____ ? ( ____ is the subject you are shortlisted for )
      - How to deal with rowdy students?
      - If you are going to teach _____, how would you plan the lesson/how will you teach ?
      - Why is ___ important? (___ is subject.)
      - What to do if the students are not interested in subject?
      - Can teachers be friends with their students?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in January 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was systematic. Its a panel interview, but not intimidating as interviewers were patient and nice. Importantly, just speak what you think and no need to memorise "model" answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 parts to the interview:
    1) Essay- This was a general topic on a situation you may face as a teacher
    2) Demonstration- Prepare a speech, targeting the age group you want to teach. This was the hardest part as the interviewers make the situation difficult and push you to see how much you can tolerate
    3) Interview- This is where the interviewers asked general questions

Interview Questions

• Why teaching? You got a B3 for the subject, are you confident of teacheing?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Easy. Expect a panel of 2-3 interviewers. Expect standard questions like, why do you want to teach? Why do you think you would make a good teacher? Some classroom scenarios may be given and you would be expected to give a solution on the spot and explain the rationale behind your approach.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Interview process by differing people on the panel who are likely school principals. Three people will be raising questions to see whether you are suitable or passionate in the job.
    After Interview if successful, then take oath and sign bond. Need to bring 2 guarantors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fresh grad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

The HR contacted me and asked me to prepare a 5 min verbal presentation of any topic to a target audience of secondary school students. I was told I would be writing an essay and then followed by an interview by a panel.

On the day, I wrote the essay, and then met then panel. After the interview questioning, I made my presentation.