Ministry of Education Singapore PGDE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore PGDE Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Includes a written essay regarding proper ethical standards as an MOE teacher, followed by a short 5 minute "mock class" where you role-play as a teacher and the interviewers role-play as rowdy students. Last by not least is the interview proper where questions are ask about your strengths, abilities, reasons for applying to be a teacher, and what do you think are the necessary skills of a teacher e.g.

Interview Questions

• Why teaching? What qualities do you have that will help you in a teaching profession?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

PGDE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (South Africa)) in July 2018.

Interview

Contacted through email 3 weeks after submission of application online.
    The interview includes a 20 mins essay on moral ethics, 5mins teaching based on shortlisted subject and level, and finally Q&A with 3 interviewers (inclusive of 1 recorder).

PGDE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in April 2018.

Interview

1) ethics question
    2) presentation (interviewers will role play as students)
    3) interview

The presentation lasted 5 mins, but the focus is not so much on content, rather, how you manage the ‘class’. Dont bother putting in much effort in the lesson plan as they will primarily judge on your response to the situation.

Interview is as per normal. Just practice with hypothetical questions before the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2018.

Interview

Wrote an essay on work ethics (20mins to do so). Had to prepare a 5 min lesson. Whiteboard is available, but no other media resources like ppt slides. Interviewers would act as ur students and try to disrupt ur lesson. They will then ask you to evaluate ur students after the lesson.

PGDE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in October 2018.

Interview

When you first arrive, you will have 20 minutes to respond to a short scenario question. After which they will check your documents. You will have to wait a while before being asked to enter the interview room. You will be given about 5 minutes to do a mock teaching to the panel, and then the actual interview with them.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the recent policy change on removing mid-year exams for some levels?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

1. Write a short essay on a difficult situation you may face if you are a teacher.
    2. Mock teaching session. Give a short class on the subject you are shortlisted for.
    3. Interview with three interviewer with one lady recording everything
    4. Wait for 4 weeks for the result

Interview Questions

• If one of your colleagues is giving private tuition outside the school, what will you do?   Answer Question