Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 3 parts to the interview. The first part is a 20 minutes essay writing where you are required to give your response to a difficult situation.

The second part is the 5 minute teaching to a panel of 4 who will behave like typical students at the primary or secondary level(depending on which level you are teaching)

The third part is the interview. The questions that they ask are really to find out how much interest you have for teaching and how much experience you have. They also want to see how much you know about the jobscope and responsibility of a teacher.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can sustain your passion for teaching in the future?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

It was a group interview and we sat around a table with an interviewer. The interviewer asked questions and we were asked to respond to the question one after another. There was not need to fight to answer the question because the interviewer would make sure that everyone got a chance to answer the question. I didn't get selected in the end because I think the interviewer didn't see a fit.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

-Interview Panel: 2 senior school personnel & 1 HR staff
    -20 min writing about a situation of a too caring teacher who might have done too much
    -5 min role play as a teacher conducting class to a class. The 2 senior school staff will ask qns about the subject or make some comments like someone not paying attention (secondary level)
    -interview proper
    (Results will only be out in 1 month time)

Application

Interview

Applied on Careers@gov website. Got contacted for an interview about a month later. Was told to prepare a 5 min lesson on any topic. A 20 min situational test first followed by the lesson and interview.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Online application on MOE website.
    Once approved, scheduled for interview, which has 3 segments.
    First segment is a 1-page essay writing on your response to a difficult scenario.
    Second segment is a 5-min lesson teaching demonstration.
    Third segment is interview with a panel of interviewers.
    Thereafter, wait for 4-5 weeks for results.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

panel of interviewers
    Princiipals , Vice Principals , Hr Manager
    First attend interview.
    Wait for call for a mth
    they will call u with details for the school you are posted to.
    You have to attend an orientation
    report to the school on the same day

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore in February 2016.

Interview

Before the interview itself, you will be given 20 minutes to write on a short essay not more than 1 page on teacher ethics. There were 5 people that interview me, one of whom is a note taker.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had to write a short essay before the interview (they pose a difficult situation and asked what would you do). Gave a short 5min presentation (you are told to prepare before hand) where the panel acted as difficult students. After that the interview was fairly standard, they asked me quite a bit of my views on some current issues. Panel insisted that teachers' workload is manageable and would not be reduced.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview process is only one stage. It involves standard questions like why you wanted to teach, what subjects do you want to teach, and other typical interview questions. These interviews are normally conducted by school principals with ministry staff sitting in.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Essay Writing
    - We are given a scenario and required to write on how we would react
    2. Presentation
    - We are required to teach a topic related to our teaching subject and level for 5 mins
    3. Interview