Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

2.9

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

-Interview Panel: 2 senior school personnel & 1 HR staff
-20 min writing about a situation of a too caring teacher who might have done too much
-5 min role play as a teacher conducting class to a class. The 2 senior school staff will ask qns about the subject or make some comments like someone not paying attention (secondary level)
-interview proper
(Results will only be out in 1 month time)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Online application on MOE website.
    Once approved, scheduled for interview, which has 3 segments.
    First segment is a 1-page essay writing on your response to a difficult scenario.
    Second segment is a 5-min lesson teaching demonstration.
    Third segment is interview with a panel of interviewers.
    Thereafter, wait for 4-5 weeks for results.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

It was a group interview and we sat around a table with an interviewer. The interviewer asked questions and we were asked to respond to the question one after another. There was not need to fight to answer the question because the interviewer would make sure that everyone got a chance to answer the question. I didn't get selected in the end because I think the interviewer didn't see a fit.

Application

Interview

Applied on Careers@gov website. Got contacted for an interview about a month later. Was told to prepare a 5 min lesson on any topic. A 20 min situational test first followed by the lesson and interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a few months. There were three parts to the interview: submission of documents, mock lesson, and the interview panel. The overall process took almost half a day so come prepared for it.

Interview Questions

• The mock lesson is probably the most important aspect of the interview so do prepare accordingly.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Bukit Merah, Central (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

1. Applied online and got a notice for an interview 3 weeks later.
    2. 3 phases of interview a) essay question-about ethics of a teacher, b) conduct a lesson plan, c) interview proper

Interview Questions

• Give your opinions on a latest change made by MOE in the recent years.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

You will be given 20 minutes to write-up on an essay question, preferably short. Interviewers may ask you on your response later during the interview

There will be 2 interviewers and another one doing note taking. You will be given 5 minutes to give a presentation on your chosen topic, the interviewers will act like your students and ask you questions. Followed by standard interview questions to try to know you better

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I have to prepare a lesson plan and Thia require some effort doing so. Go there to show and tell. Simulate a during a class where the interviewers will protray as students.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

There are 3 parts to the interview. The first part is a 20 minutes essay writing where you are required to give your response to a difficult situation.

The second part is the 5 minute teaching to a panel of 4 who will behave like typical students at the primary or secondary level(depending on which level you are teaching)

The third part is the interview. The questions that they ask are really to find out how much interest you have for teaching and how much experience you have. They also want to see how much you know about the jobscope and responsibility of a teacher.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can sustain your passion for teaching in the future?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

1. Upload documents on the MOE website
    2. I applied on 5th October, they told me I was shortlisted for an interview in an email dated 17 October (although they mentioned they will notify applicants within 4-5 weeks of the application closing date).
    3. On the 20th of October, they texted me to tell me I was scheduled for a call the next day regarding the interview date.
    4. Interview date was 3rd November - prepare a class plan for any age group of my choice (primary school), whiteboard is provided and lesson plan has to be within around 5 minutes.
    5. Day of the interview, had to provide documents for them to double check + a short essay test.
    6. Interview.
    7. Outcome of interview on 27th of November.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach?
      What would you change about the education system?
      There were many more questions which came along as it was more of a chit-chat session.   Answer Question