Ministry of Education Singapore Teaching Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Education Singapore Teaching Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Education Singapore

2.6

Teaching Interview

Interview

Require to write an essay, after that there will be a 5 min presentation. The interviewers will act as a teacher. I prepared a portfolio but they did not want to see.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your colleague was asked not to see students privately   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Education Singapore

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Four-people interview panel. One of them is an observer and note taker. Quite friendly and professional. Interview questions went from simple getting-to-know-you to more complex case studies. Sometimes, they will build on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join teaching? How is your previous job related to teaching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

Submit an online application and wait to see if you get shortlisted for an interview. The interview is in a group with others who have applied to teach at the same level and similar subject area as you. Depending on the others in your group, the experience can be quite positive as it feels like a group discussion with one HR taking notes and one principal/experienced MOE staff conducting the interview. The questions they ask typically revolve around moral dilemmas such as student-teacher relationships and/or your opinion on any current news/updates made with regards to the education system.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on sharing your personal social media handles with your students?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was in quite a friendly group interview setting where you are placed in a group with other candidates who will be teaching the same level and subject area as you. There will be one principal or other upper HQ management interviewing the group and one more HR personnel taking notes. Just be sure to speak up (but not snatching others' chance to speak too) and do your research on latest policies/news regarding MOE and education in Singapore.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that it is appropriate to share your personal social media handles with your students?   Answer Question

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

3 parts to the interview, 1st was an essay on ethics, 2nd was the 5 mins teaching component and last was the interview. Interviews were generally quite nice , probed and asked quite alot of questions on the applicants motivation to teach

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2017.

Interview

Start off with 20 minutes ethics essay, followed by a 5 minute lesson plan on selected subjects and a panel interview. Two interviewers, one HR person typing minutes.
    They are nice and genuine.

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moe (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Moe (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Process was quite fun. Started with the 5 min presentation followed by QnA. Interviewers were very friendly. Questions asked were mostly related to your passion towards teaching. How to make your lesson less boring to students, etc

Teaching Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore.

Interview

Group interviews all going on in a single location. 2 interviewers sat with us at a round table, one was an ex-principal. They asked questions and people would respond/ contribute as and whenever. If you're more outspoken, you'll stand out more. Seemed like the quieter ones got less air time to express their views and ideas in the more 'convo-style' setting.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills or experience that you can bring as a teaching intern?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Round table group interview with a HR and a VP/Principal or Senior teacher. The principal poses questions and allows each person at the table to offer their views, and answer without having to compete to speak.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ministry of Education Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a round table interview. There were 10 candidates with 1 HR and 1 Principal. Almost all of us made it through the interview. Most of us at the table were from the same few majors. Our table was civil, we answered in a circle, and the atmosphere was cordial. When we left, the atmosphere at other tables were more solemn so I guess it depends on your table.

Interview Questions

• Why teaching?
      If you could change the education system, what would change would you implement?   Answer Question