Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore Foreign Service Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

4.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round consists of an editing essay, a group discussion, a written essay. You are required to do a Chinese translation and note-taking test if you're a Singaporean Chinese. The first person who asked the question during group discussion has an advantage, but be reminded to take note of the time and as much as possible, try to speak at least once.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

Begins with a roundtable discussion, in which anyone can start a topic regarding current affairs.

Series of tests regarding English (Editing, Comprehension) and Chinese (Comprehension, Listening and taking notes)

A side task which you will need to describe yourself through your values in life/career.

9am - 2pm.

After which online tests (numerical reasoning etc...) are required to be completed in a week beginning from the date of interview.

All can be prepared to a good extent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

there are 3 stages. the first one was a series of psychometric and written tests. second one is an assessment stage. third one is an interview with higher ups but i didn't get through to the third round

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join MFA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds in total. Got to Round 2. First round consists of essay, psychometric tests, roundtable discussion. Round 2 was very challenging, consists of duties that pertains to the work of a Foreign Service Officer.

Foreign Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tanglin Hill (Singapore)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Tanglin Hill (Singapore)).

Interview

Hiring process consist of three rounds.

Round 1: consist of a writing(editing) test, a analytical test which involves reading a passage and answering true and false and thirdly a essay.

There will also be a round table discussion with other applications on current affairs issues. First person to initiate the topic has the advantage of selecting the topic. Topic discussed. Singapore's position on the dispute in the South China Sea

Foreign Service Officers Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore.

Interview

1st Round of FSO Interview:
    Basically there is no direct interview but sort of a group interview.
    During the session, they will introduce you to the job, the possible career path, writing test, essay, grammar/vocab test, and a 'current affairs' discussion within the interviewees (the topic to be set by the interviewees)

Interview Questions

• The current affair question for my interview was: How would Trump presidency affect Singapore/SG-US relationship?   Answer Question

Foreign Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore in June 2016.

Interview

Went through written assessment and assessment centre. Both rounds were very tough, and the tasks that candidates had to complete were quite difficult and intimidating. For the assessment centre, it took the whole day so it was physically and mentally draining.

Foreign Service Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore.

Interview

First Stage was a series of tests (4-5 hours), including a roundtable discussion, text editing, a comprehension passage (true-false questions), and an essay question to which the candidate writes and justifies his stance on a statement given (discussion question). Following the day assessment was a take-home online assessment (1 hour), to be done within a week.

Interview Questions

• The first stage is actually more of an assessment than an interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

The first round of interview is a whole day event, and it would be more appropriate to describe it as a psychometric test than an interview.

1) An English editing test. I felt it was easy although i ran out of time. You should have no problem if English is your first language.

2) An essay related to social media

3) A roundtable discussion by all the applicants on that day, on which the topic is decided by the first speaker. Hence, to gain an advantage one should speak first. Take note that this is a discussion on current affairs, hence political science majors have a huge advantage.

4) The actual psychometric test. Personality, data/graphs reading/understanding, IQ test involving shapes.

If you make it through this first round and get shortlisted, stage 2 is an assessment centre on another day. 3rd stage would be the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview question, but during the roundtable discussion they will note who actually speaks. Hence if you didn't say anything i think your chances are automatically nil.   Answer Question

Foreign Service Officer Interview

Interview

Round 1 was a day of written tests followed by a roundtable discussion. Round 2 was the assessment centre, a full day of exercises which simulate the work of a foreign service officer.