Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Interview Questions

2.4

Program Analyst, Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

45 minutes in person, two senior staff with previous program analyst experience were conducting the interview. They did not have any pen or paper and were trying to keep it more informal / discussion type.

Interview Questions

• 1. what are your strengths and weaknesses
      2. what are the three major issues facing the provinces health care system
      3. why do you want to work here?
      4. what are you post proud of?
      5. where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      6. what is your communication style?
      7. what are your presentation skills like?
      8. what are your group work skills/style like?
      9. why did you leave your previous position/why would you?
      10. what are the 3 main things you have learned in your previous/current role?
      11. what do you like to do for fun?
      12. what organizational tools do you use to keep organized?   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Interview

The interview was formal and conducted by a panel of 3 lawyers. Interviewers took notes the entire time, so conversational was pretty limited until I had time to ask questions at the end. Interview was about 1 hour in length.

Interview Questions

• Mix of behavioural (i.e. what would you do if...), hypothetical (i.e. how would you go about completing X task?) and substantive questions (i.e. what are some legal issues currently faced by the MOHLTC).   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

As standard with Government, got the interview questions 10 minutes in advance to review and prepare. The admin staff who greeted me were friendly and pleasant. There were 2 interviewers, one very pleasant and one extremely off-putting in countenance - wore a scowl the entire time, was on her mobile texting / reading messages a few times at the beginning of the interview - VERY distracting and inconsiderate!

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience working with stakeholders and how will you manage it in this job?   Answer Question
    • Tell us how your prior experience makes you a good candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I was given 1 hour in a quiet room to prepare a presentation, using their laptop w/internet access and the usual MS Office software. The presentation asked me to analyze an issue facing the ministry and suggest strategies towards solving the issue.

Following that preparation session, I had a 45 min. interview with the 2 managers of the branch and 10-min presentation thereafter. The interview consisted of 5 set questions which was provided to me on paper so I could refer to throughout the interview. Questions asked about my knowledge of the internal/external structure of the ministry; current issues trending in the industry; my qualifications/experience as relevant to the requirements outlined in the job posting.

The entire process was very relaxed; The interviewers were very friendly. However, towards the last 5-10 mins. of the panel interview, one of the interviewers pretty much withdrew himself from the conversation, slumping in his chair and looking at his watch all the time. I thought that was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The presentation section was most difficult, asking me to come up with solutions for problems faced with the Ministry. It required I make some very big assumptions about operations. Internal candidates would have a big leg-up in this area.   Answer Question

Financial Control Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.

Interview

I'm waiting for the offer now, the interview was very short and casual. There are total three questions, first one is about your skills, how do you think yourself fit for this job. The second one is about what is your expectations of this job. the final one is about how to deal with stress and fast pace environment.

Customer Service/Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online through Ontario Ministry website in March (along with several other positions). Received a call for interview and background check (downtown) in May. Arrived about 10 minutes early for the interview(which was around June). Interviewer (Program Manager) came quickly. Did interview in conference room. Started with general questions, but then it became more tailored based on your application and your answers to previous questions.

Interview Questions

• You said in your application that you know java. Can you tell me more about it?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very simple, quick and straight forward. Mostly personality based questions with some technical background questions.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any question that reached to category of most difficult.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

There was only one round of interviews. A panel of three individuals from the department I was applying for interviewed me. If I recall correctly, there were 5-6 mainly behavioral questions. A written test was also administered where there were simple formality and editing tasks to be done. The interview was very casual and more conversational than a typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Please rate your Microsoft Excel skills and give an example of when they were put to great use.   Answer Question

Net Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interviewer sounded very dis-organized and was reading a generic list of questions. The position was pretty interesting since, so I stuck with it. Be prepared to discuss any projects or other interests you list on the resume. There are several basic questions like weakness/strengths.

Interview was very easy without technical questions.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

interview consisted of behavioral questions (1h) and skills testing (30min) requiring powerpoint and ms word

Interview Questions

• describe your work experience and why you would be a good fit   Answer Question
    • this is a high demanding and often times difficult role, explain how you've handled high pressure environments in the past   Answer Question