Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

There are 3 guys, 2 from the hiring side, one from the HR. The hiring side is friendly and upfront about difficulties of the jobs. Very easy to maintain conversation. Overall nice interviewers but I wasn't selected. Oh ya, you need to do a write-up on the spot before the interview. It is all done on one day.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest to improve the reservice attendance?   Answer Question

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2015.

Interview

Within 2 weeks of application, was called for 1st round interview. The interview was conducted by a deputy director and an assistant director of the branch that I applied for with a HR officer present. The following day, was also given a week long essay test on a particular matter in international affairs and what lessons Singapore can glean from it.

Interview Questions

• What are the implications of your thesis findings for Singapore?   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

Just sit and they will interview you like any other job, I was offered this position as a temp as I was serving National Service at the place. They just asked me if I wanted to work as a temp after my NS and I agreed to it.

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable

Management Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

There was a writing test. Was called up again for the interview at the HQ. There were 3 interviewers. They ask general questions and was asked about the recent news. Best to read up newspapers.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

There is a written test on employees' motivation and you will be given about 40 min to complete the test before you attend the interview. The panel consists of 3 management and 1 Human Resource person. Their response is very fast and will get back to you the next working day on the interview outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to move? What are your career aspirations. What is your current working hours>   Answer Question

HASE Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

Called down for pre-interview briefing which is just stating your choices for the jobs available and also to listen to a short briefing on remunerations and salary etc. Had an interview one week after the pre-briefing. Was interviewed by the head of department. Was asked about basic questions on why did you choose to work in MHA and what can you contribute to the department.

Home Affairs Senior Executive Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore.

Interview

First round was at HQ where you can choose from various portfolio. Panel interview.
    Second round was at the particular organization. There was a writing test before the interview. Read up on current affairs.

Primary Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic, mine took place 2 years ago and I can't remember any question which they asked that threw me off. Smart casual dress code would suffice, although I did spot someone in a football jersey and jeans. I'm not sure if he got the job, but at the end of the day this is still a government position interview, so it would help to be presentable. Just speak well, and clearly, and everything should be alright.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself fit? How many times do you exercise in a week?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Home Affairs Singapore (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

Did a Skype interview and learned a lot about the things they do and what I would be helping out with if I were to join them, it was more of a get to know session rather than an interview

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills or experience would I like to have out of the internship   Answer Question