Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had to submit five competencies (250 words each). Got invited to panel interview a few weeks later. Panel consisted of three people who asked about each of the competencies, I was surprised to not be asked another other interview questions such as what skills I'd bring to the role, why I wanted the position, etc. It was a very calming environment, the interviewers did well to make it a comfortable atmosphere. I was sent an email conditionally offering me the position pending security checks around 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on the following competencies:

Changing and Improving
      Making Effective Decisions
      Leading and Communicating
      Collaborating and Partnering
      Managing a Quality Service   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to book an interview slot. You have to take suitable ID including address confirmation as required in the email which is to be expected for a position of this type. My interview was a panel of 3 people who were very friendly and took the time to explain any questions that weren't clear and asked me further questions particularly about the result of the action you took. Questions were based around each of the competencies as outlined in the job description. Each interviewer took it in turns to ask questions whilst the other 2 wrote my answers down. Was told I would hear within 2 weeks but had to email then received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pass on personal details to someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an extra civil service online test. Had my interview in Bristol court with a panel of two interviewers who were very nice and put me at ease. The interview questions were based around civil service competencies and a few days before the interview I received an email outlining what these questions would be and what they were looking for in your answers. This was really helpful as I wasn't stuck or unsure of what to say during the interview. The only slight negative was that it took place in a court room which was slightly intimidating!

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A manager and a senior administration officer were the panel. They asked me to describe the five competencies I used on my application form. Then there was time for me to ask questions. They were friendly and encouraging taking notes but also keeping eye contact, quite relaxed. They obviously wanted to get the best out of me instead of the sometimes used staring technique!

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Internet application followed by interwiew on basic competency questions, panel of interviewer are trying to make you feel confortable however no real space for creating a real conversation out of the four competency questions. Long process as still no response to date.

Court Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Usual Civil Service competency based questions, I was interviewed by a panel of three, two ladies and one man.

The trouble with the Civil Service is there are competency based questions to answer online when you apply then more rigorous competency based questions to answer at interview. These questions do not always allow a candidate to demonstrate their strengths and skills because they are looking for specific answers and key words in your responses. In fact competency interviews are a farce, a box ticking exercise and ultimately lead to some useless people being employed, look in your local courts or job centres, you'll see what I mean.

No matter, the interviewers, were, as ever in government departments senior staff, institutionalised and they have a preconceived idea of who they would like to employ, so if it's not you, you're dead in the first five seconds.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Questions based on competencies displayed on the job description, so you are able to prepare well for this. The interviewers were both nice, they probed into questions and would question me on certain things, but if you are confident or just say you are not sure about something then it works out okay.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

After application online and completing an online test I was invited to a selection event. The whole process was communicated very effectively throughout. The interview was held by a panel. Asked 4 competency questions based on the competencies outlined in the job spec.Given time at the end to ask my own questions.Panel were very good at making you feel relaxed and it's clear they want you to do well. Use STAR ,practice your answers and ensure your examples are strong to make the most of your opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Can you please describe a time when you were faced with a difficult decision ?   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Interview

I applied for a job and was sent an email asking me to take some completed forms. The forms were not attached to the e-mail. I requested them two weeks ago, and again a week ago and still have not received them. Such an abismal service.

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quite a long process. Was a national campaign looking for 30+ people so it took time to organise everything. Needed to complete online questions beforehand and to complete an exercise before the interview. The first part of the interview focused on the exercise. I was asked questions about why I chose the answers I did. I had to present an argument and make a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were competency based and they let you know the areas they are interested in hearing from you about. Typical ones focused on giving a real life example of how you plan and prioritise, when you have worked in a team and when you have had to make a decision.   Answer Question