Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.2

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to book an interview slot. You have to take suitable ID including address confirmation as required in the email which is to be expected for a position of this type. My interview was a panel of 3 people who were very friendly and took the time to explain any questions that weren't clear and asked me further questions particularly about the result of the action you took. Questions were based around each of the competencies as outlined in the job description. Each interviewer took it in turns to ask questions whilst the other 2 wrote my answers down. Was told I would hear within 2 weeks but had to email then received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pass on personal details to someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Internet application followed by interwiew on basic competency questions, panel of interviewer are trying to make you feel confortable however no real space for creating a real conversation out of the four competency questions. Long process as still no response to date.

Court Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Usual Civil Service competency based questions, I was interviewed by a panel of three, two ladies and one man.

The trouble with the Civil Service is there are competency based questions to answer online when you apply then more rigorous competency based questions to answer at interview. These questions do not always allow a candidate to demonstrate their strengths and skills because they are looking for specific answers and key words in your responses. In fact competency interviews are a farce, a box ticking exercise and ultimately lead to some useless people being employed, look in your local courts or job centres, you'll see what I mean.

No matter, the interviewers, were, as ever in government departments senior staff, institutionalised and they have a preconceived idea of who they would like to employ, so if it's not you, you're dead in the first five seconds.

Administrative Officer Interview

Interview

I applied for a job and was sent an email asking me to take some completed forms. The forms were not attached to the e-mail. I requested them two weeks ago, and again a week ago and still have not received them. Such an abismal service.

Change Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It took about 5 weeks for them to finally review application. And there was never any job spec, throughout the process. Unbelievable really - how can they know what they're looking for?
    Then, the day before the interview, they cancelled the interview without any reason given.
    Poor really.
    Not an encouraging insight into them as an organisation.

Senior Performance Adviser - London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Did a online application at the interview I was required to do a drafting letter and also a interview of competencys first question is to them about yourself be prepared because there is one nice and one mean.

Legal Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in March 2014.

Interview

On line application with competency based questions. A lot of vetting paperwork to complete before interview. Panel of 3 people. No exercises or psychometric testing.

Interview Questions

• No questions other than an exploration of competency answers on the application and "Have you any questions?"   Answer Question