Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quite a long process. Was a national campaign looking for 30+ people so it took time to organise everything. Needed to complete online questions beforehand and to complete an exercise before the interview. The first part of the interview focused on the exercise. I was asked questions about why I chose the answers I did. I had to present an argument and make a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were competency based and they let you know the areas they are interested in hearing from you about. Typical ones focused on giving a real life example of how you plan and prioritise, when you have worked in a team and when you have had to make a decision.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview, The interviewer was really friendly and encouraging. When questions were not answered directly, the question was reiterated. The importance is to answer the questions in the STAR format, to emphasise your competencies.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I am a contractor so the interview was very informal. It took place in the atrium of the main Ministry of Justice building, in Petty France, central London. I was asked some questions about the organisation and its origins, then specific skill-related questions for the post. Note that the process for full-time civil servants would be completely different and involves horrible things like responding to meaningless 'competencies'

Change Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It took about 5 weeks for them to finally review application. And there was never any job spec, throughout the process. Unbelievable really - how can they know what they're looking for?
    Then, the day before the interview, they cancelled the interview without any reason given.
    Poor really.
    Not an encouraging insight into them as an organisation.

Senior Performance Adviser - London Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Did a online application at the interview I was required to do a drafting letter and also a interview of competencys first question is to them about yourself be prepared because there is one nice and one mean.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

It was quiet easy, it's based on your competences and previous experiences in front of a panel made of 3 people (team leader and manager) you have to give lot of examples on every job you ever did
    it last for an hour or so

Organizational Change Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

Easy, informal process - filtered over phone, then face to face with manager over coffee. Wanted my take on certain aspects of their programme, and what my approach would be. Was very much about confirmation that I knew what I claimed and mainly about personality fit in the team.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your last project and what value you personally added   Answer Question