Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.9

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A series of competency based questions asking for examples as per the STAR approach. Largely a set piece performance required, ability to state the obvious and demonstrate the competencies required.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Prison Officer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in July 2017.

Interview

Good communication at all times however once passed all assessments there was no vacancy so seemed a bit of a waste of time going through all of that actually passing to a high standard and then there is no vacancy

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had to submit five competencies (250 words each). Got invited to panel interview a few weeks later. Panel consisted of three people who asked about each of the competencies, I was surprised to not be asked another other interview questions such as what skills I'd bring to the role, why I wanted the position, etc. It was a very calming environment, the interviewers did well to make it a comfortable atmosphere. I was sent an email conditionally offering me the position pending security checks around 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on the following competencies:

Changing and Improving
      Making Effective Decisions
      Leading and Communicating
      Collaborating and Partnering
      Managing a Quality Service   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in June 2017.

Interview

Filled out application form online and got email about interview few days after the closing date. Had a panel interview with two people asking situational questions. Accepted few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• More situational based questions that about yourself. Read the role description over and over!   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to book an interview slot. You have to take suitable ID including address confirmation as required in the email which is to be expected for a position of this type. My interview was a panel of 3 people who were very friendly and took the time to explain any questions that weren't clear and asked me further questions particularly about the result of the action you took. Questions were based around each of the competencies as outlined in the job description. Each interviewer took it in turns to ask questions whilst the other 2 wrote my answers down. Was told I would hear within 2 weeks but had to email then received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pass on personal details to someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had to do an extra civil service online test. Had my interview in Bristol court with a panel of two interviewers who were very nice and put me at ease. The interview questions were based around civil service competencies and a few days before the interview I received an email outlining what these questions would be and what they were looking for in your answers. This was really helpful as I wasn't stuck or unsure of what to say during the interview. The only slight negative was that it took place in a court room which was slightly intimidating!

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

A manager and a senior administration officer were the panel. They asked me to describe the five competencies I used on my application form. Then there was time for me to ask questions. They were friendly and encouraging taking notes but also keeping eye contact, quite relaxed. They obviously wanted to get the best out of me instead of the sometimes used staring technique!

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Internet application followed by interwiew on basic competency questions, panel of interviewer are trying to make you feel confortable however no real space for creating a real conversation out of the four competency questions. Long process as still no response to date.

Court Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Usual Civil Service competency based questions, I was interviewed by a panel of three, two ladies and one man.

The trouble with the Civil Service is there are competency based questions to answer online when you apply then more rigorous competency based questions to answer at interview. These questions do not always allow a candidate to demonstrate their strengths and skills because they are looking for specific answers and key words in your responses. In fact competency interviews are a farce, a box ticking exercise and ultimately lead to some useless people being employed, look in your local courts or job centres, you'll see what I mean.

No matter, the interviewers, were, as ever in government departments senior staff, institutionalised and they have a preconceived idea of who they would like to employ, so if it's not you, you're dead in the first five seconds.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Questions based on competencies displayed on the job description, so you are able to prepare well for this. The interviewers were both nice, they probed into questions and would question me on certain things, but if you are confident or just say you are not sure about something then it works out okay.