Ministry of Manpower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was nice and cordial. Interviewers are earnest and make you feel relaxed and unstressed. Definitely one of the easiest and enjoyable interviews i have ever been to. Only issue is they took quite a long while to shortlist candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application included about 5 short-answer questions, it was nice that they provided personal feedback on our online applications.
    Short-listed for group interview which included about 12 other interviewees. We were required to work in groups of 3 or 4 to make a short presentation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a notification that I was shortlisted for an interview within 2-3 weeks. During the interview, you're first required to write a short essay on one of two offered topics. There's no word limit, it's just for them to see if you can be coherent and get your point across. The time limit for this was 30 min if I remember correctly.

After which, theres a face-to-face interview with a panel of about 4 people. I had to wait about 1 hour after finishing the essay as there were 2 other candidates being interviewed before me.

Everyone in the panel was very friendly and did their best to make the atmosphere a comfortable and relaxed one. You should prepare for questions asking you why you want to join the public sector. They'll ask about your experiences and anything else they find interesting in your essay or resume.

Overall, I think the interview is pretty easy if you can present your thoughts in a calm and coherent manner. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. I didn't get the job as they didn't feel it was a good fit (based on my previous experiences and what I am looking to get out of the job), but they did offer to forward my resume to one of their partners who would likely suit my interests better.

After the interview it took them about 1-2 weeks to get back to me about the status of my application.

Senior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower.

Interview

Go in write a 30min long.of essay. Then panel interview of 3 department personal including one hr. Go in greet them, they never really response. One of the interviewers, his face is damn black through the interview like the interviewee owed him money. A bit of discrimination since the job applied not really.for female. More for guys! so they seems.uninterested at the start. I'm there to meet their candidates kpi! No follow up after the interviews as well. Such a big organisation but the culture cmi. cannot make it! Happy that I wasn't hired at all cos I can't stand working for such managements!

Interview Questions

• Typical interview an since they are not interested from.the start!   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

2 interview rounds.

Round 1
    Written test involving case studies. Part of it consists of case study, policy evaluation and knowledge about labour economics while the other focuses more on econometric analysis.

Round 2
    Interviewers were approachable and friendly. Whether the situation becomes tense depends on your ability to maintain your composure and curb your anxiety. Otherwise, the session is a comfortable one.

General questions such as behavioural questions and more about finding out your personality, strengths and weaknesses.

Technical questions in the form of mock scenarios including econometric specifications to investigate the factors (ability to describe your approach and reasons for them), commenting about current governmental policies and your thoughts about them. It is important to be updated with current knowledge on these policies (though not necessarily limited to specific policy topics) and able to evaluate them well.

Other questions include past experiences in analysis (be prepared to describe them and what the investigations were about) and the ability to code.

Communications Interview

Application

Interview

They were very prompt at contacting me after receiving my resume. They asked typical questions such as what you studied in school that are relevant to the position. But I had to come down three times for the interview with different people. Turned out they could not decide to put me in which team and wanted to see suitability.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the website?   1 Answer

Prosecutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview had 2 stages. Firstly, there was an exam type e-test, where we had to answer the hypothetical question. Secondly there was an interview with the HR, and management personnel in the department.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they got back to me in 2 weeks to arrange for an interview a week later. Interview conducted by 2 Directors and 1 HR rep. There is a written test followed by the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to join MOM? What are some of the things that you do in your current role and how is it relevant to the role you applied for. One strength and one weakness.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a 30-min written assessment. The second part was an interview with a few directors and HR. It was generally a pleasant interview with a friendly panel of interviewers.

Interview Questions

• The question asked in the written assessment was contextual. It is related to the position that I was applying for. As for the panel interview, it was the usual questions such as "Tell me more about yourself", "How does your previous job experience relate to the position you are applying for", "Describe a challenging incident at work and how you resolved it" etc...   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ministry of Manpower in December 2009.

Interview

Sent resume, HR contacted me and I went for interview through a panel