Ministry of the Attorney General Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ministry of the Attorney General Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

2.8

Legal Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General.

Interview

It was a three step process:

1) Interview with two people - only 5 or so questions, three of which I've listed below. I was also asked to define legal terms that were relevant to this specific office.

2) Grammar and spelling test - for the spelling portion, identify which words are spelled incorrectly and write the correct spelling. For the grammar portion, choose the correct word that goes with each sentence (affect/effect, they're/their/there)

3) Typing test - I was given five minutes to type up a printed document. I was given two attempts.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how your previous work experience applies to this position, and name 5 competencies needed to be qualified for this position.   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you resolve a conflict with a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a time you felt overwhelmed at a previous job and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Legal Administrative Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied through school and it took 2 days to hear back. I went for an interview and then I was called back the same day that I got the job. I was then sent to do criminal check.

Interview Questions

• If going through a file and you recognized the name of the person, would you inform management?   1 Answer

Court Clerk and Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Around 2 hours, 15 mins to review the question that will be used in the interview, 15 mins for computer word test and 45 mins for interview. Interview panel of 3 but individually one and one, each one asked 2 questions. Takes a long time to hear back.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews are standardized - interviewers ask interviewees the same pre-determined questions and write down their answers. Because they have to write down the answers, interviewers often inform interviewees before the start of the interviewee that they would be doing so and that just because they are looking at the notepad does not mean they are ignoring the interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were situational i.e. how you would solve a particular problem while other questions were directed to knowledge about the mandate of the office.   Answer Question

Court Clerk and Registrar Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was ok. They made it seems like I did well and I would hear back from them. They asked behavioral and situational questions. One of the questions were if someone was in court and hey did something that was unacceptable, how would you address them. Another question were what audio and video devices you are familiar with.

The interview was good. They made you feel comfortable and they were very friendly. I heard that it can be very stressful and they often required yout to work overtime. The salary is pretty decent and hey have great benefits.

Ministry of the Attorney General Court Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Informal a group is given a test to write. The test was not done on a computer and could easily have been shared outside of the room. In this day and age when you can test people on computers I do not understand why a copied sheet of paper is handed to you to fill in. Same with typing test a hard copy is given to type from. After going through the process they do not even get back to you with an answer. Nor can you ever know your passing or failing score. They are very unprofessional and there is too many loopholes for cheating. Such as a copy of the test can easily be given out. A standard test on the computer like the ones used by all recruiting agencies and other HR departments would have better scores and results. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position?   1 Answer

Court Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Grammar test which is about an hour long. The written component includes multiple choice questions. There is also a typing test. After these tests, you will have 3 interviews with 3 different supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you interested in this role?
      Q: What are your key strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through the job board of the government general summer jobs. Was contacted about 2 months from March which is when the application was. It was a phone interview and it went well so they offered the position on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit for us?
      Tell me about your previous work experiences
      Answer Question

Victim Witness Service Worker Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. A month or two later received an email to let me know they would email me a test in a few days, and would have 30 minutes to return test. Questions were related to knowledge of local resources, issues affecting client population.
    A month or two later, in-person interview consisted of a panel interview, a written assignment (knowledge of program and related legislation) and mock phone call with client.

I passed all stages and was ranked on a list of ~17 people who passed (out of thousands of applicants). I was offered 4 month contract which I turned down due to the short length and being in a permanent position.

Court Recording Monitor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of the Attorney General in November 2012.

Interview

typing test followed by a spelling/grammar test and a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty interpreting legislation. What did you do?   Answer Question