Minted Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process involved a video technical interview (using karat) and next round would have been onsite.

My technical interview was really good as I could answer all their questions, could solve their coding challenges pretty efficiently. The interviewer himself told me that I did really well and I should wait to hear about the next steps. However I don't hear back for almost a week. When I followed up, they sent me a reject mail stating "You have some strong skills but your experience doesn't match what the team needs at the moment. You did very well on our test but we are being very selective".

It was one of my best interviews till date and their result was absolutely shocking. So I do not recommend this company. Really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain the most interesting project you worked on.
      2. Given a tuples of parent, child relationship, construct the tree and return all the child nodes with 1 parent and no parents.
      3. Given two child nodes, find out if they have a common ancestor or not.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Going through the interview process with Minted was incredibly disappointing. From the outside, they seem like a great company with values and inspiration that one can easily ascribe to. However, I found that the recruiter/company did not seem to value the time and efforts put forth by the candidate. My biggest issue with the process was that from start to finish, my recruiting process lasted almost 4 months. My first 1 hour phone interview began in early December 2016. I then waited 1.5 months to learn that I was eligible to move on to the project phase of the process. After the 3+ hour project was completed, I waited another 3 weeks to learn that I was going to proceed to an in person office interview. After the in person interview, I waited yet another 3 weeks to find out that I did not "fit" with the company. During the waiting periods, there was little feedback (despite emails inquiring about the status and timing). The recruiter I worked with left my emails unanswered or took an weeks to respond. Furthermore, there were details around the job that seemed to have evolved (such as reporting lines and specific responsibilities) during the entire recruiting process. All in all, it was disappointing to find out that Minted, a company who promotes values about kindness and helping people, can be so blasé and inconsiderate of a candidate. They have forever lost me as a customer and my desire to be a part of their movement.

That said, Minted seems to screen for "job" knowledge but places an equally important value in the "fit" aspect of their recruiting. In retrospect, I probably did not place enough emphasis on some of the tech company values that seem to be so important to startups.

Interview Questions

• Analysis selecting cards from one of their monthly competition; Analysis around pricing for a third party distributor, Analysis around pricing and margins   Answer Question

Product Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. About 7-10 days later received an email invitation to a phone interview. The questions in this interview were nothing unexpected for a phone screen and the interviewer was engaged. After that interview - there was a wait of about 5-7 days. Then, I received an email with a timed analytical exercise to complete. For this stage look at the skills required in the job description and brush up on them. Unfortunately, I did not progress past this. I was notified after emailing the recruiter a follow-up. The next stages would have been another phone stage with a team member and then an on-site.

Director, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR called me to screen me; Then, I went to Minted corporate headquarters and I met with reporting manager and he was very nice. We had an hour conversation about the job. The only challenge was that there was no communication or follow up after the interview. I tried to follow up with HR and the person I interviewed with but no response. I met someone else who had the exact same experience so didn't take it personally.

Interview Questions

• What are some partnerships that you would consider for our company?   1 Answer

Community Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. Standard (and therefore not the best). Said she would contact me either way, but didn't-- highly unprofessional. On top of this, they had a freelance writer position in addition to the position I applied for yet it never occurred to the recruiter that I could do both jobs; I'm a freelance writer with a great deal of customer support experience, and the job I applied for paid a lot less than my last job. All she had to do is think a little to figure out they could combine the jobs, increase the salary and have an exceptional employee doing both. She would have looked good, and it would have saved the company time and money. Instead, the recruiter didn't even have the courtesy to respond to my email thanking her for the phone interview and never followed up later to say they had ruled me out. Now I have a poor impression of this company due to one recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you went above and beyond for a customer. (cliche)   Answer Question

Design Associate - Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a horrible experience applying for a Design Associate Seasonal position at Minted.com. The interview process was disorganized and unprofessional.
    I applied online. I submitted an exercise and quickly received an email offering a phone interview, requesting to schedule a time for it. I responded via email but never heard back from them.
    I sent a follow up email inquiring about their lack of response, and they stated that I should choose a time using a link that didn’t exist! After some back and forth sleuthing, I figured out that they mistakenly had not sent me a scheduling link. They eventually fixed the problem and scheduled me for a 30-minute phone interview.
    On the date and time of the interview I was prepared, ready and waiting for their call. Instead, received a message stating they were late and stuck in a meeting. Thirty minutes after that, they called, but the phone connection was terrible! I could barely hear what the other person was saying. I suggested we hang up and have them re-try calling me on my landline. They did so but the problem persisted, leading me to conclude the problem was with the interviewer's phone connection.
    We pushed through managing the best we could, and they asked me two very easy technical questions. I answered correctly, and they concluded the interview in 10 minutes. The following week I received and email saying that I had not been hired.
    I did follow up via email about the less-than-optimal scheduling and interview conditions, but they basically did not offer any remedy, nor provide any plan for change. I felt the process was disorganized, unprofessional, and disrespectful to applicants.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phonecall screening with basic coding questions followed by a video call with an online coding challenge. You will be assigned to a software engineer to shadow. They will give you tasks that normal employees would do, but of course you aren't going to have as much load as a full-time employee. After you get the offer, you the hiring manager will show you around the facility.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted online and through a friend. Got a call quickly for an on-site interview with the hiring manager. Great communication with hiring team. Meaty interview, if only we covered so many topics. Felt like the hiring manager was very engaged. Was thus surprised to get a terse "thanks but no thanks" note a few days later. So it goes.

Interview Questions

• There were so many - and the interviewer took COPIOUS notes. Many were more "blue sky" type questions, so perhaps he was trying to see how I think. That said, I wasn't provided much context, so who knows is the answers were "good". Definitely an interesting interview with lots of open-ended questions. More traditional interviews would not go into tis detail right away. I took it as a good sign. Maybe it was just a free consulting session. ;-)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and promptly received a reply from an internal recruiter. We set up a phone screen for the same week. She was very nice and informative about the company and position. Moved me ahead quickly to the technical screen which consisted of several oral questions and a couple of simple programming questions. The coding portion was done remotely via an online code-sharing tool. I found the questions and process to be easy.

However, to my surprise, they did not move me forward. As I felt I did very well on the interview, this was really unexpected. I answered every question in detail and completed both coding exercises without much trouble. The interviewer did not correct my code, ask me to expand on any aspect and even seemed to indicate I solved the problems as he would have. So naturally was taken aback when I was not moved ahead.

Furthermore, they did not get back to me the entire week after my interview and I had to ask them for an update late Friday. I received a boilerplate answer back that didn't make logical sense. As someone who has had a lot of experience hiring, you should never leave a candidate hanging like that if they are a no.

Interview Questions

• Describe, in detail, as much as you can about an HTTP request.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Minted (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got in touch with this company via a third party recruiting firm. Had two technical phone screen interviews, which I thought I performed decent enough.

The first interviewer was nice. He spent good amount of time explaining his work, about the company and then knowing about my work and career goals. Was able to explain coding questions well and elaborate when needed.

The second phone interviewer was alright. Didn't ask much and started with coding question directly. Also, there was poor network connection on her end. No response about my answer for the coding question or no hints given whatsoever.
    Even then, I thought I displayed my idea and code decently.
    Still got a reject the next day without any feedback or reason.

Interview Questions

• 1. Python decorator to throttle some function which should only print a statement, if called after 100ms
      2. Some question which was a variation of determine whether a graph has a closed loop
      3. Given an array with value of stocks at different days, determine which day to buy and which day to sell to get max profit.   Answer Question